DKiG award document

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DKiG award document

Heinrich Bertsch is listed as both a DKiG winner and Honor Goblet recipient. Here is an award document attributed to him. Does anyone see any problems with it (other than it's a bit rumpled)? I would like to purchase it.

Regards,
    Kevin
    Attached Files

IMHO it is an original one. It would be perfect to wrap the honor goblet...

Pierre

Comment

http://www.ww2awards.com/person/21949
      Iam Uncle Sam
      That’s who Iam
      Been hiding out
      In a rock and roll band

Comment

Why is the embossed eagle in the lower left of the document not a Luftwaffe eagle? IIRC, Göring's personal embossing stamp with his crossed Feldmarschall batons used the Luftwaffe's eagle, not the Heer eagle. Worth a thought.

--Larry

Comment

That is the correct eagle for Luftwaffe DKiG documents. I've had three and all have been like this.
          WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

That is the correct eagle for Luftwaffe DKiG documents. I've had three and all have been like this.
            Thanks for that and I'm sure you are correct. But I still think it's odd that he wouldn't use his Luftwaffe embosser. The position of Reichsmarschall was superior in the hierarchy to that of any individual branch of service, which might justify the state seal rather than a service seal. Yet, his signature block is that of Oberbefehlshaber der Luftwaffe, which should logically require the Luftwaffe seal. Go figure.

--Larry

Comment

Thanks for the observations, gents. Here's an additional scan.
              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X