• Show
Clear All

IC doc help

Can anyone help me with this doc ?
    MA maat ? Harekommando 25 ?
    Many thanks
    giorgio
    Attached Files

Hard to say for sure from the small photo, but this might be what is called "trash", or "fake". I'm not loving the appearance of the signature, in addition to the points you raise.

EDIT: I believe "M.A. Maat" stand for "Marine Artillerie Maat", or Navy Artillery Mate. No idea why he'd be in a "Harenkommando" in 1943....

2d EDIT: I APPEAR TO HAVE BEEN WRONG....PLEASE READ ALL REPLIES. SORRY TO GENOA41 FOR ANSWERING TOO QUICKLY. THANKS TO THOSE WHO HELPED HIM OUT. I'LL BE OFF TO TAKE MY FOOT OUT OF MY MOUTH NOW....

best
    Hank
    Last edited by Hank Cummings; 01-06-2008, 09:22 PM. Reason: mo' info / 2d Edit: admitting I was wrong (again!)
    Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
    ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

Which division is it?
      Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

"Harenkommando" is probably a misspelling of or typographical error for "Hafenkommando 25". But whether or not such a unit existed I will leave to others.

--Larry

Comment

Originally posted by Simon orchard View Post
          Which division is it?
          There is not the Division's number
          giorgio

Comment

Originally posted by Larry deZeng View Post
            "Harenkommando" is probably a misspelling of or typographical error for "Hafenkommando 25". But whether or not such a unit existed I will leave to others.

--Larry
            Correct : Hafenkommando 25
            giorgio

Comment

Hello Giorgio,

Can you show a closeup of the eagle ink stamp or at least tell us what the ink stamp says?

Best regards,
              Tom
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Tom Yanacek; 01-05-2008, 01:38 PM.
              Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

Hello Tom
                I can't read the stamp .I have asked the owner
                Thank
                giorgio
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by tyanacek View Post
                  Hello Giorgio,

Can you show a closeup of the eagle ink stamp or at least tell us what the ink stamp says?

Best regards,
                  Tom
                  Hello Tom
                  a pic of the stamp , I read ......... Div 444
                  boh?
                  thanks, giorgio
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Simon orchard View Post
                    Which division is it?
                    Div 444. Is it possible?
                    thanks
                    giorgio

Comment

Originally posted by genoa41 View Post
                      Div 444. Is it possible?
                      thanks
                      giorgio
                      Hello Giorgio,

I read that as Kommando Sicherungs Division 444. The Division Commander at the time was Generalmajor Adalbert Mikulicz. It looks to be his signature on the document. Here is a link to some info on the Division:

http://www.lexikon-der-wehrmacht.de/...444SichDiv.htm

best regards,
                      Tom
                      Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

Originally posted by tyanacek View Post
                        Hello Giorgio,

I read that as Kommando Sicherungs Division 444. The Division Commander at the time was Generalmajor Adalbert Mikulicz. It looks to be his signature on the document. Here is a link to some info on the Division:

http://www.lexikon-der-wehrmacht.de/...444SichDiv.htm

best regards,
                        Tom
                        Yes , Mikulicz was commander of the 444 Sicherungs-Division and promoted Generalleutnant on 1 Feb 1943 . The doc ,dated 3 Mar 1943 , is signed as Generalmajor (?) . I have not found a Mikulicz's autograph for comparison.
                        I don't understand also a MA maat - Hafenkommando 25 (HarbourAuthority 25) in the Eastern Front - Southern Sector .
                        I am very puzzled
                        Many thanks
                        All the best
                        giorgio

Comment

This is quite correct. The 444 Sicherungs division as a rear area security unit was in the Southern area near the Sea of Azov and Rostov on Don in early '43. In the crisis that developed at the time when the Soviets attacked that important city it's natural a division like this would have scraped up anyone that could fight and the KM were certainly present around the harbour towns of the sea of Azov. Mikulicz was promoted Genlt. on 1.2.43 though it could easily be that the promotion came through later and was backdated with seniority from 1st Feb.
                          Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Rostov on Don also included a Kriegsmarine Hafenkommandant by the way.

Comment

Hi Simon
                              As usual you are rather accurate and obvious. In short I can set my friend's mind at rest. As the document is unusual it has a good chance of being original .My opinion is that no forger might have devised such a mix .
                              Thank you for your valuable assistance
                              regards
                              giorgio

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X