Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RKT w/Oakleaves Holder

Oberst Heinrich Eberbach?

This came with a small photo group from a Panzer unit. No inscriptions on the reverse. There are several other photos from some kind of award ceremony or presentation. I believe this is Eberbach. This man is in one other photo, but the rest are other members of the unit.
    Attached Files

That's a good question. At first I thought yes it was, but I wonder? Heinrich Eberbach lost most of his nose to a bullet in WWI and thereafter went through life with a prosthetic nose. Hard to say if this fellow has the same replacement due to the quality of the photograph. It can be seen in documented pictures of Eberbach. Not sure if Eberbach had the same dental problem as is clearly visible on the left hand side of this officer's mouth. Certainly there is a strong resemblance between the two men in general.

Of course he does wear the oakleaves to the RK, just like Eberbach.
    Last edited by Will Brown; 12-26-2007, 11:07 PM.

Comment

Yes, this is Heinrich Eberbach imo. In the Landser series there is a near similar photo.

Comment

Yes this is Eberbach.

David

Comment

Thank you guys for your help. I was pretty sure it was him. The download lost it's sharp features from resizing it a couple of times. It is very evident in the original, as is a mole above his left eye.

What grade PAB is he wearing?

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Mac View Post
            Oberst Heinrich Eberbach?

This came with a small photo group from a Panzer unit. No inscriptions on the reverse. There are several other photos from some kind of award ceremony or presentation. I believe this is Eberbach. This man is in one other photo, but the rest are other members of the unit.
            Do you still have this grouping and can you post the rest of the photos? It should be possible to identify the time and event from the group.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 9,961 at 05:23 PM on Today.

Working...
            X