Volkswagon Beetle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Volkswagon Beetle

Hello. I just received a small collection of photos. In these, there was a photo dated 1939, with what i believe is a volkswagon beetle. Its parked outside a Church with other cars.
    I didnt think there were many beetles sold to civilian buyers before the war. Is this a rare thing ?
    Any help would be great. Many thanks. Ian

Beetle

That is a rare thing to see, here is a webpage. They were used during the War as well in Beetle form as a staff car. Nice picture,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volkswagen_Beetle

Comment

thanks for the link and info. I wonder does anyone else have private snaps of the VW pre-war?
      Thanks. Ian

Comment

they make 800 beetles before the war for the people.what I see rare in this pictures is that the beetle is not black.

Comment

Originally posted by joe88 View Post
          they make 800 beetles before the war for the people.what I see rare in this pictures is that the beetle is not black.
          So, all of the original 800 Beetles were black? I've never heard that before. Interesting!

Chris

Comment

Thats cool, only 800. And im sure i have another shot showing a black VW parked outside hitlers reichs chancelry in Berlin 1939. So i just need photos for the the 798 beetles

Comment

Imagine the value of a original 1938/1939 Volkswagon Beetle

Comment

the far I know yes all the 800 beetle were black,that is why I see this picture very interesting,correct me if I wrong.

Comment

Thanks, Joe88! That's interesting new information. I actually never read anything about what color they were, so you know more than I do about it.

Thanks...

Chris

Comment

If private, I doubt the Germans wd. ban the owner getting a different paint job at an auto body shop. If military, maybe some shade of grey or grey/green? Really, the "Kaefer" looks strange next to those typical boxy cars. Thanks for sharing!

Comment

I think it is a post-war photo (and beetle), the Adler on the extreme right seems to have a zone of occupation-license plate, unfortunately the watermark is right on top of it. A mix of pre-war survivors and newer cars was not uncommon until the mid-fifties.

Cheers,

JM

Comment

Im almost sure its 1939. The original owner has written 1939 on the corner of the photo. Also the other photos of the same town with the same date, show german national buses with the swastika on the sides. I dont think they would have been allowed with the swastika after 1945 ?
                        Ian

Comment

Originally posted by jmehner View Post
                          the Adler on the extreme right seems to have a zone of occupation-license plate
                          I thought so, too. Could you please post the "national buses" and the closeup of license plate?

Comment

VW Käfer

hello, Orig. Foto .VW - KDF - 82 + Schwimmer
                            Make this set 2005 on the Bavarian Biergarden.

happy new year

Bootmanager

Comment

Nice beetle ,but this one is made after 1939 for the military,the one on the picture looks civilian.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X