Ratisbons

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Signature Authentication Help, Please...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Signature Authentication Help, Please...

Hello everyone:

I would very much appreciate some opinions about the authenticity of the following Hitler and Blomberg signatures on a promotion document:

http://www.hmsbrinmaric.com/images/prom.htm

I have studied many examples I could find here on the forum and elsewhere, and from what I can tell they look good. They also appear to be actual signatures, rather than anything done with an autopen. As far as I know, they weren't even using autopens in 1934. However, I would like to be sure about all this first. Although I could find a number of examples of Hitler signatures for comparison, I have so far only found one Blomberg.

Many thanks and much appreciation to all who may respond.

Chris

P.S. Opinions on the document's value related to its price would also be very helpful.
    Last edited by Stahlhelm; 12-25-2007, 11:22 AM.

Document

Those are ink signatures not made by a machine (Hitler did use autopen, the machine was invented in 1804) and Wendel is on the Ranglisten as an Artillery Oberst in 1937 and a Full General in 1943. The math checks out but there are other people who know documents better than I.

Comment

The document and signatures look ok. Its a bit pricey for me though, you can often find such promotion documents, which are actually rather common, for somewhat less than the asking price.
      Best Regards

Comment

Thanks for the opinions and information, jhodgson and Adem! Hopefully, I'll hear from a few others, as well.

Chris

Comment

Both genuine signatures, but far, far too expensive.
          Max.

Comment

Originally posted by max history View Post
            Both genuine signatures, but far, far too expensive.
            Max.
            Thank you so much, Max! That information about excessive expense is some of the most valuable information I could have received.

Most sincerely appreciative!

Chris

Comment

Hi Chris

I bought a Hitler/Blomberg signature for around $1000 a couple of years ago if that helps you with a price guide for your future search.

Maybe an advert in the wanted section may help your cause and help you get a Hitler signature at a reasonable price.

Happy Hunting

Raymond

Comment

This type of Hitler signed document is the most commonly offered for sale, with Blomberg's signature also very common. I believe it is not a good idea to provide values on a forum as some people guess and therefore give misguided advice. However, any document is worth what someone is willing to pay, but generally speaking the true value is around the figure at which similar items achieve. In this case, I think the seller is asking a higher price because the subject is a RKT and he believes that alone vastly increases the value. Although I disagree, one must always remember that any owner can ask a selling price he/she wants.
                Documents with Hitler signatures can achieve very high prices, depending on the content. As a general guide, over the past 2 years, similar documents to this particular example, but with a third signature (more commonly von Fritsch) in addition to Blomberg's and Hitler's, have sold for up to $1900 (incl. commission) in auction.
                Hope that gives some idea.
                Regards,
                Max.

Comment

Thanks Raymond for that advice.

Also, thanks again Max for the extra information.

Yes, all of this information is VERY helpful to me, giving me new perspectives other important things to consider.

Thanks again to all,

Chris

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X