Feldpost from a Wach Bn soldier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feldpost from a Wach Bn soldier

While in Germany during 1973-76, I picked up several Feldpost letters from Gefr. Alfred Krög to his parents. He was a member of the Wach Bn. in 1942. I have not read all of the letters, because I am not good at reading German handwriting. I am posting one of the letters to see if anyone is interesting in seeing more. He speaks of the honor of being near Hitler, and he mentions Goebbels in this one as well. It, I think, is mainly just the normal type of letter a son might write to his parents, but I thought you might be interesting in seeing it. Maybe someone is better at reading it than me, and can tell us if there is anything significant in it.

If interested, I can scan more from time to time and post them too.

Ron

Hi Ron,

you are right. In his letter to his parents he tells mostly about "ordinary" things as from the weather (the low temperatures), about letters from friends and other family members he had written or received, about friends/relatives
    who are in military service in different places, also of a night raid bombing on Berlin.

A highlight was the situation when he was as guard in the residence of Hitler where he saw Goebbels passing in front of him.

He specially mentions that as a guard of Hitlers residence he gets better breakfast and meals with butter and rolls with jam.

In general he is very content with his service.

Gerdan

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
    X