EpicArtifacts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dirlewanger collar tab in wear - Any photos?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dirlewanger collar tab in wear - Any photos?

I've had a discussion with a friend of mine, he says the special Dirlewanger collar tab was never issued since no photos exist of it in wear, is he right?..

Originally posted by lennardg View Post
    I've had a discussion with a friend of mine, he says the special Dirlewanger collar tab was never issued since no photos exist of it in wear, is he right?..
    no he is wrong,Its a one well know photo done durnig fight with Polish home army is sommer 1944 in Warsaw,and a realy nice second one was sold last year by one from major german militaria dealer, it was post card size, for only 650 euro

Comment

yes they do exist, here's a thread from this forum where you can see a few.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ht=dirlewanger

Comment

thnx..

Should have made him bet on it!

Comment

This tab like so many other things that we know was used at least during the last 9 months of the war and was made in very large numbers illustrates how difficult it can be to find photo evidence of something from the last year or so of the war.

The fact is that there is a much lower percentage of German photos, especially offical ones (often clearer and better quality of picture) that are around from the last year of the war than any other year IMO.

Many doubt the period use and in some cases the originality of many types of uniforms and insignia because they can find few and in some cases no period photos of these late war items.....there well may have been thousands of the above items worn but they can not be found in photos becase they did not get fielded until the last 12 - 6 months of the war.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X