posr war signed RKT photo questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

posr war signed RKT photo questions

How do you tell if these post war signed pics are original? I am primarily talking about the post card sized types w/ the white margin at the bottom for the signature. Even if the signature is correct, it would seem to me that one could do a very thorough job of scanning an original onto photo paper which would be tough to detect. I have a few in my collection that are made on thick post cards...I see these things all over the place, Ebay, shows etc. My asumption is that most are fake in some way....are there rules to follow w/ these reagrading the type of paper they should be printed on?

Originally posted by Andy Hopkins View Post
    How do you tell if these post war signed pics are original? I am primarily talking about the post card sized types w/ the white margin at the bottom for the signature. Even if the signature is correct, it would seem to me that one could do a very thorough job of scanning an original onto photo paper which would be tough to detect. I have a few in my collection that are made on thick post cards...I see these things all over the place, Ebay, shows etc. My asumption is that most are fake in some way....are there rules to follow w/ these reagrading the type of paper they should be printed on?
    Hi,
    I got all of mine directly to the RKträger, so I have no doubt about them
    jacques

Comment

Originally posted by jacques View Post
      Hi,
      I got all of mine directly to the RKträger, so I have no doubt about them
      jacques
      Ookaay...does anyone else have some advice that is actually helpful?

Comment

The problem is that the paper used is random(Kodak or such marks); old prints used old paper. the signature is also a problem; their signature changed with the age and is far from the WW2 period one.
        Sincerely, I can help you, except selling mine , and even, there is no proof.

jacques

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X