KM promotion doc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KM promotion doc

Here's my latest addition. The promotion document to Fregattenkapitän of Hans-Joachim Gadow (later Konteradmiral and DKiG) including facsimile Adolf Hitler signature and original signature of Raeder. Amongst his various jobs Gadow was commander of the 3. Zerstörer flottille at Narvik, 1940 where he lost all but one of his ships.

Simon
    Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Aha! I detect Split Apart Group Being Reunited here! Good show, and good luck with any other bits.

Comment

That's a very neat doc, Simon!
      Here's a simliar one I have.
      Attached Files
      George

Comment

The name, dates and ranks calligraphy is done by hand and there is evidence of a slight correction or cleaning up job on the right side of the A in April.

Would this style of doc originally come in the large 'schmuckmappe' with the large golden eagle on the front?

Regards

Simon
        Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Simon,

I don't know about the Schmuckmappe, but my doc is printed on the front page of an arrangement that opens up like a huge greeting card. There's no printing anywhere else, just on the front. Is yours like this?
          Attached Files
          George

Comment

Exactly the same George.

Comment

Don't have any from KM, but is the Schmuckmappe like this?
              Attached Files

Comment

Yep that's the sort i was thinking of Akira. Just wondering if the docs George and I have would have originally come in a folder like that.

Regards

Simon

Comment

George: I don't know Grunske's initial commission date as a

Marine-Assistenzarzt, but he was promoted:

Mar.-Oberassistenzarzt 1.10.25 #2
                  Mar.-Stabsarzt 1.11.28 #2
                  Mar.-Oberstabsarzt 1.10.35 #5
                  Mar.-Geschwaderarzt you've got
                  Mar.-Flottenarzt ( = Kapitän zur See) 1.6.42 #2

he wasn't a member of the naval officers' association after the war, so I don't have a date of birth or when he actually entered the naval medical service. No WW1 decorations.

Comment

Grunske

Flottenarzt Dr. med Friedrich Grunske was born on the 28th of February 1899 in Kiel. He joined the Reichsmarine in 1924 and survived the war. His appointments during WW2:

Marine Sanitäts Amt Nord: 1938 - Oct 40
                    Gruppenleiter, OKM/G II: Oct 40 - Feb 44
                    OKM/G Chief of Medical Science Department: Feb 44 - Oct 44
                    Chief Surgeon Hospital Ship GENERAL VON STEUBEN: Oct 44 - Jan 45
                    Chief Surgeon Hospital Ship PRETORIA: Feb 45 - Apr 45
                    Chief Surgeon Hospital Ship MONTE ROSA: Apri 45 - May 45

Regards
                    Glenn

Comment

Thank you Rick and Glenn!!
                      George

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X