Period photos of canine and other animal gas masks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Period photos of canine and other animal gas masks

I've found plenty of photos of animals used in WWII, but very little that shows them wearing gas masks. I know that both the US and Germans had masks for their dogs, and I've seen masks for horses, but no pictures of them in use. Here's the best photo I've been able to find. Not German unfortunatly, but still a great shot. Does anyone have more of this subject they could contribute?

Here are two from my personal collection:
    Attached Files

Comment

The other.
      Attached Files

Comment

Fantastic photos Todd, thank you for posting them! The rig for horses in particularly interesting. I've seen masks for dogs that enclose the eyes, but I've only ever seen goggles for horses. I wonder how quickly they'd run through filters compared to the humans.

Comment

Great shots Todd. I've actually got one of these types of horse masks, ground dug though.
          Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Thanks guys for the compliments. They are part of a series of images of which I only have these two. I wish I had the rest in the series.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X