Concentration camp book signature

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Concentration camp book signature

Hello Gentlemen. I am wondering if any one knows whose signature this might be ? It is in a book I have titled ( Konzentrationslager Oranienburg. ) I don't know if it was specifically published for SA Standarte 208 or not. As a side note I could use a little help on my mutiple photo posting. Any ideas or advise ?
    Attached Files

Multiple photos

Hello,

Just REPLY to your own post each time and add whatever picture you wish at that time.

Regards,
    Stu

Comment

Simply reply to your own thread and you can post another photo in the reply. You will need to hit "reply" for each picture you wish to post. Looking forward to additional pictures (by the way, you should be able to post larger images than the one you now show).

Comment

concentration camp book signature

Here is the cover of the Book, Iknow the picture of the signature is not the greatest. The title under the signature reads SA Gruppenfuhrer, and is dated 15 th Feb. 1934. In the back of the book printed in English is a quote from a Englishman named G.C. Thomas, he states that it is duty to tell the people of Britain how nice this camp is and ends his statement with a Heil Hitler! Anyone ever heard of him ? I

Comment

From the very small image of the signature posted, it could be Karl Ernst, but I'd have to see it larger to confirm that.
          Max.

Comment

I read "Karl ERNST" but the picture is very small.

Gerdan

Comment

Im trying to get a better picture of the signature.
              Attached Files

Comment

another
                Attached Files

Comment

The camp commander,SA standarte 208 does anyone know anything about Him ?
                  Attached Files

Comment

No. 2. Man anyone reconize him ? I would guess original period books like this are uncommon. I don't think the average GI would go much for this type of thing unless he could read German. Any ideas on what there value would be ? Off the subject I have a book some where that shows the Reichstag members for 1946 some what optimistic.
                    Attached Files

Comment

That confirms my identification of the signature...Karl Ernst.
                      Max.

Comment

The second photo is Werner Schäfer.
                        Max.

Comment

Here is an Ernst signature (surname only) from 1931.
                          Max.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Hi cchetzer, I assume the signatures in your book are all printed and not inked? Would you be able to show a pic of the cover of the book? Thanks. Cheers, Torsten.

Comment

Originally posted by cchetzer View Post
                              Off the subject I have a book some where that shows the Reichstag members for 1946 some what optimistic.
                              Hello cchetzer,

that is very interesting. Who are the members of this Reichstag? Only a few names.

Regards

Ralf

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X