LAH Kharkov photos / Orig. or Repro ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LAH Kharkov photos / Orig. or Repro ?

I have about 800+ LAH photos and I checked Ebay today the first time for LAH photo, found these and got excited....but are they original or postwar repro? Somehow they are too good to be true...

Can anybody help me out please!
    Attached Files

another one...
    Attached Files

Comment

last, not least
      Attached Files

Comment

They are looking very bad

Comment

Brothers to the white Ukraine series.

Too much yellow and blurry out of focus images.

Repro, IMO.

Cheers

Karl

Comment

copies

Hi there,

I have about 300 LAH vehicle and weapons photos, and a large collection of books on the LAH.

These photos are poor copies from BA archives, and can be seen in many publications, where I suspect this seller (ng1976?) copies them from.

Don't waste time or money on him!

Cheers
            Steve

Comment

Thanks everyone!

Yes, exactly that seller. And of course the BA shots. I don't know why I could be so blind.

Is there anything good SS or LAH on EBAY related ever?

Best,
              Markus

Originally posted by S Ballantyne View Post
              Hi there,

I have about 300 LAH vehicle and weapons photos, and a large collection of books on the LAH.

These photos are poor copies from BA archives, and can be seen in many publications, where I suspect this seller (ng1976?) copies them from.

Don't waste time or money on him!

Cheers
              Steve

Comment

LAH Tiger

I have the funny feeling that I just got nailed a couple o days ago on this LAH Tiger, but I have never ever seen then motive in any of my LAH books and I do have quite a lot. It is not off of Ebay, however...
                Attached Files

Comment

Markus,
                  Isn't that a Das Reich marking on the last tiger?
                  Regards,
                  Fred

Comment

Originally posted by fldjr View Post
                    Markus,
                    Isn't that a Das Reich marking on the last tiger?
                    Regards,
                    Fred
                    Hi Fred,

No, I am pretty much positive that it' the Dietrich-Key. Eventhough I have to admit that the photo is of pretty bad quality.

But as such is that position that shot has been taken from not odd for a normal soldier's photo. I mean a shot from way up down on a Tiger. Could it be that it is just another PK shot printed small? Or am I too paranoid now. Really the first kind of Tiger shot I purchased on the web...

Comment

Das reich

Hi,

That really is a Das Reich Tiger, 100% sure of that. It also comes from a series of photos from BA. The marking is the Kursk marking, two upwards bars on a horizontal line, which was used by DR from Kursk until winter 43-44. I'm afraid you have been misled. Sorry about that.

Cheers
                      Steve

Comment

Originally posted by S Ballantyne View Post
                        Hi,

That really is a Das Reich Tiger, 100% sure of that. It also comes from a series of photos from BA. The marking is the Kursk marking, two upwards bars on a horizontal line, which was used by DR from Kursk until winter 43-44. I'm afraid you have been misled. Sorry about that.

Cheers
                        Steve

Hi Steve!

Many thanks for your input. I really got burnt on that one and I just asked the seller to not send me the item and return me the funds. I hardly can believe that I was so dumb to fall for this picture. Usually I am so careful and I really talked myself into this one eventhough I heard my alarmbells ringing. I actually had passed on the photo, when 3-4 days later I decided that I needed to have it.... 2nd time I have been burnt in this hobby.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X