Clear All

Soldier with RK KVK and EK?

Any thoughts on this one?
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...MEWA:IT&ih=018

Hi
    My guess would be Photoshop or a joke

Comment

Photo

This is a real photo. I would guess they got into supplies or someones belongings. The award combination is possible but I doubt these are his as a low ranking EM.

Comment

Thank you for the comments, it raised a few questions in my mind, was there any record of a soldier being awarded both the RK to the EK and KVK? If the RK to the EK was awarded first surely the next logical step would be the oaks? But the way they are being worn would suggest that the RK to KVK has just been awarded. If these belonged to someone else or they were from supplies, what would the penalty be for someone wearing and posing for pictures awards that he wasn't entitled to?
        Just a few of my musings, any other comments would be welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by AJ View Post
          Hi
          My guess would be Photoshop or a joke
          My thoughts as well. If he wore them in the proper order perhaps, but no way the RK is taken up by the KVK in award position

Comment

Well, at the very least, it is certainly a very interesting photograph

Raymond

Comment

I'm guessing Adrian is being sarcastic but that photo is a piss take of gargantuan proportions!!!

Jonathan

Comment

No, I wasn't being sarcastic, I thought I would post the link to see what other members thought of the image, if anyone knew of this award combination or could tell if it was a photoshop etc.
                I don't think we'll ever know and I'm not laying out £35 on the photo 'just to see'.

Comment

Hi,
                  AJ is absolutely right. This isn´t an original. There were only 8 persons awarding RK and Rk KVK and they all were officers.
                  If you look closely to the neck you will see that there is missing a part of and the RK ribbon on the breast can´t wear in this form, and it´s also larger than the breast pocket. I think it´s too expensive for such a bad fake.
                  Greetings
                  Achim Kwasny

Comment

I'm not sure this is a 'fake' in that it's a manipulated photo. Certainly the guy wearing them isn't entitled to them but i do think he's pinned them on for the photo. Perhaps they worked in the store or office where they kept unissued decorations?
                    Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Still think its from the Photoshop Studio though
                      Jonathan

Comment

That makes little sense to me Jonathan, why this photo and that one of the three men? It's a very poor choice of shot. The RK isn't worn correctly, why place it there at all? If you're dressing up then wrapping the ribbon around your pocket flap and buttoning it down again is a quick and easy way of doing it, it also looks like it's pulling down on the pocket.

On the other hand, if you were messing around for the camera doing it like this makes sense. If he'd gotten caught then he'd be for the high jump.
                        Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Simon

It has that photoshop feel to it, especially around the edges of the medlas and ribbons. Your suggestions are very plausible especially if the soldiers were having a laugh for the photo opportunity. I guess if we held the photo in hand it might be clearer

Comment

You're right, it's a very low res photo. Difficult to tell.

Comment

I still can't decide on it. If it was a photoshop effort I would've put the RK around the neck of one of the other two guys not obscure it behind a bar and hang it from someones pocket. I'll contact the seller and ask for some better quality scans.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X