Pionier unit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pionier unit?

I found these six pictures in an envelop with a 6th SS-girbirgsjeager "Nord" envelop/letter in a german messtin with a pair of gammaschen.
    I'm trying to find out why SS and WH stuff was together in the messtin, i do know that at least 2 of the WH pictures were made in the Vosges area (the towns Mariemont and Arches), 6th SS Nord fought in the Vosges area in '44-'45.
    Anyone has an idea what kind of unit this could have been? and does anyone reconsize anything on the pictures?
    thanks in advance

Here you can see the town name Arches.

On the back the town name Mariemont was written.

Unknown destroyed bridge.

Unknown monument.

Soldier humor, can't read the town name on the back good, maybe someone else can? i can read Soldaten hummor im ........ (soldier fun in ......).

A wedding picture, the name of a woman is written on the back, as well as the town and date.

I enlarged 2 parts of 2 photo's, looks like a Pionier unit right? that could explane why they were at the destroyed bridge.
    I'm collecting anything related to the towns Castricum and Bakkum during WWII.
    Also soldbucher from 116pzdiv. And 1944-1945 eastfront pockets, kampfgruppe and Oder front.
    My website: Gotrick.nl

Could be a Pioneer unit but I'm guessing a Bau Battalion...construction unit. Bill

Comment

The name of the towen could be Merle(n)bach situated in the Lorraine area.

It would fit with Vosges.

Gerdan

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X