Faker.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Faker.....

What would you guys think about this pic......

I have seen this same pic in some books....

This one original

http://cgi.ebay.de/Originales-Foto-v...QQcmdZViewItem

Cheers

Depends on your interpretation of "originales foto"... Many sellers write "original photo", but not "original war time photo", so what you have is an original photo with a war time image, produced at an uncertain time...

I agree that this ebay photo is very likely not the master copy for the books you mentioned...

regards
    gk

Comment

It looks more like a modern staged photo to me.

Comment

Originally posted by grobkörnig View Post
        Depends on your interpretation of "originales foto"... Many sellers write "original photo", but not "original war time photo", so what you have is an original photo with a war time image, produced at an uncertain time...

I agree that this ebay photo is very likely not the master copy for the books you mentioned...

regards
        gk
        Nice observation, a small trap for the unwary.

Cheers

Karl
        Last edited by eke_karl; 11-18-2007, 04:25 PM.

Comment

photo , " fake "?

A photograph and question such as this raises a lot of issues to do with collecting in general . as it's easier to prove that something is fake, impossible to prove that something is authentic or genuine and give a guarantee, as being asked to do so is being asked to prove a negative, which is impossible and in a logical sense can not be done, the rest is pure sophistry , a polite way of saying B/S. So the so called experts thrive ,i would not send most of them to the shop for a litre of milk but still we put our trust in them as the market dicatates that we must .Even the best Auction Houses[Sothebys and Christies will only give you a limited voluntary guarantee of five years subject to qualifictions, terms and conditions etc. That is because of a legal case in which the major auction houses were asked to prove thieir statements as facts proving authenticty, being able to prove a guarantee of a work of art as a statement of fact in a court of law, it could not be done in a legal sense,this was humiliating for the major auction houses and the so called ' experts' were shown for what they really are, despite all the science and expertise that is available ,authenticating an object is still more 'art' than 'science' more 'opinion' than 'fact',in the end its up to the professors on sites like this to make a call. Do not be fooled by the use of blacklights useful tool that it is .I agree with an ealier comment by another member that there is something staged or ' modern' about this photograph but i am always happy to be proven wrong and it is easy for me to make a comment like that,as i am not an expert, surely the decoration collectors can identify this highly decorated or gifted officer ? or make call ?......at 77 euros i would probaly pass,though i have paid much more for individual photographs which i will one day post on this site.
          Last edited by marcus777; 11-23-2007, 11:41 PM. Reason: to correct spelling mistakes

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X