Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Martin Drewes

Hi Phil,

Unfortunately, I never met Herr Drewes, just because he lives in another State here in Brazil. However, when I wrote a letter to him, asking for his autographed picture, I was quite surprised with his answer.

In fact, he sent not only his picture but also a copy of his curriculum and of the telegram that Adolf Hitler sent to him when he was decorated with the EL. Also, his answer was a very polite one telling a little about his life in Brazil after the war. In one simple word: a gentleman!

I´m sure that you´ll receive a nice letter too. Just be a little patient since sometimes his letter took a while to be answered (he still travels a lot).

Regards,

Douglas.

Comment

Hi
      I think I have somewhere the name of all the RKträger of the pic.
      Here another one
      jacques

Comment

Gordon, thanks I can't see for looking

Douglas, I can't wait for Martin Drewes reply, I've been told by numourus people that he is a very nice man. As you said a gentleman!

jacques, it would be great if you could find the names of those RKT's.

Thanks
        Phil

Comment

Here is another...

Hi,

Here is the Famous Leon Degrelle in his late years, not only wearing all his decorations but also his uniform from the Waffen-SS:

http://boards.rennlist.com/lfupload/LeonDegrelle-4.jpg

Hope you enjoy it.

Douglas.

Comment

Jaques,

It is Albert Stenwedel and Sepp Dietrich in your photo.

Comment

Question ...who is...

On the OdR picture:

The 2nd guy on the left in the 3rd row from below is Teddy Wisch in his late years?

Or does anyone here have a post war photo of Teddy Wisch, to add to my LAH and Wisch collection?

Thanks / Regards
              Markus

Comment

Hello ,
                no its not Teddy Wisch .the photo was taken in 1999 as the
                OdR had its Meeting in Bückeburg .So it can`t be Teddy Wisch ,he died already 11. January 1995 .
                If you mean the two gus 3 rd row with glasses :The left one is Georg Bleher the right one Eduard Post .Between them its Dr. Gerhard Gutmacher ,president of the OdR .
                The row before Bleher and Post are from left :Heinrich Meyering,Ludwig Bauer,Hans Klaus,Karl Heinz Lichte (grey),Erwin Kressmann (Blue),
                the row before them is from left :Bruno Schmelzinger/Achim Wunderlich/Anton Müller(Oakleves)/Wolfram Kertz .
                Before them in wheelchair isKurt Nöbel .
                Hope I coul help a little bit
                Best
                Uli

Comment

Here is one of Gerhart Schirmer
                  Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Gordon for sharing that fine photo of Alexander Uhlig. Excelent !

Cheers.
                    Peter Wiking<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_217300", true); </SCRIPT>

Comment

Interesting wear

Was it personal choice to wear the ribbon bar as oppossed to the 57 version of the actual awards themselves? In some photos I see veterans wearing the full award and others wear just the ribbon bar.

Also, some of the images dont show up in my browser while others do? Is it something I can fix or do others get the same thing?

Comment

great thread! il scan a few i have in tomorow when i get a bit of time!
                        lloyd nothing wrong with your browser its to with weither your a assoaction member or not! if your not then if you try and post pics they dont show up if you are a assoaction(?) member then you should have no problem i recommend becoming a assacation(??) member as its the best $25 you can spend!!

Comment

Here are two more,

The first one is an other one of Alexander taken on Crete in front of the Sturm Rgt memorial. You can clearly see his RK.

The Second is of Dr Alfred Regeniter taken in 1974 when he finaly recieved his RK for his actions with his assault gun during the last days of the war.

Regards
                          Phil

Comment

Regeniter

Comment

Here are a couple photos of 2 of the 3 RK holders I had the chance to meet in 1994 in Omaha, Nebraska at a Plastic Modelers Convention, of all places. This first photo is of Generalmajor Dietrich Pelz. He wore his RK with Oak Leaves and Swords in full view.
                              Attached Files

Comment

This other RKT is Major Hans-Georg Bätcher. He wore his RK backwards so the swastika wasn't showing. The third RKT was Hajo Hermann who did not have his RKT. He said the Russians took his and he had spent 10 years as a Russian POW.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 14 users online. 0 members and 14 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X