No announcement yet.

Ritterkreuz and other awards in use after 1945

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last is General Heinrich Trettner, who won his oakleaves as commanding general of the 4. Fallschirmjäger-Division in Sept. 1944. He was commanding general of I Korps from 1960-63 and Generalinspekteur der Bundeswehr from 1963 to 1966.
    Attached Files

Comment

Von Michael was alive when the book was published in 2000, but I don't know if he has passed away in the interim.

Heinz Trettner is still alive, I believe. He and Friedrich Foertsch were the only Ritterkreuzträger to rise to Inspector-General of the Bundeswehr. Six RKTs rose to full general, including Foertsch, Trettner, Hans Speidel, Josef Kammhuber and Johannes Steinhoff. I'm not sure who the other was.

Dave

Comment

Karl-Heinz Schulze-Lepel

Comment

another one
          L.BAUER

Comment

i l9ike that group photo very much- so many brave old men in one place- just think of how many stories there are to tell in that room........
            the other pics are great too

Gruß,
            KSM

Comment

jacques, can you name any of the old RKT's in your photo? I noticed a few are wearing oaks!

Cheers
              Phil

Comment

I only recognize one of them....

Phil,

Yes, that picture is quite impressive. Just the kind of thing that I was looking for. The defeated ones also have their pride.

The only Oakleaves holder that I could recognize is Major Martin Drewes (third row, third from the left to right), night fighter pilot (52 victories) from the Gruppe III of the Nachtjagdgeschwader 1 (III/NJG 3). He is still alive and with good health.

Regards,

Douglas.

Comment

Excellent pictures, thank you for sharing!

My friend H. Kitamura sent me a "Then and Now (ok, maybe Then and Then...)" signed photo of Wolfram Kertz to share with you.

<b>KERTZ, Wolfram</b> RK on Oct 4, 1944 as Oblt.d.R., Fhr. 8.Kp./Kampfgruppe "Bruhn" in II.SS-Pz.Korps
                  Attached Files

Comment

Alexander Uhlig

Comment

Thanks for the ID Douglas, I have actually sent Martin Drewes a letter about two weeks ago, asking him a few questions and for a signed photo, I had heard that he is a very nice man. Have you ever met him?

Akira, do you know if Wolfram Kertz is still in good health and replying to letters as I have just sent him a letter too?

Gordon who's that proud RKT? I hope he wasn't wearing his 1939 RK in public! have you got an id for him?

Phil:flak_helm

Comment

Phil,

Look again under the photo. It's Alex Uhlig, RK on 29.10.44 as Oberfeldwebel in FJR 6, Normandy.

As you can see from his stickpin minis, he is ex flight crew. Served with FJR 1 at Narvik, transferred to flight crew ,also served at Crete, later transferred back to the Paras. Captured in Normandy. He is also an honourary member of the New Zealand Crete veterans association. He escaped from POW camp in England and made it all the way back to Germany. Hell of a guy, and yes, he is just the kind of guy who would wear a 1939 RK, and I wouldn't like to be the guy who told him he couldn't.

Comment

Hi all!

Here are Will Fey, please note his medal bar, with 2 golden and 2 silver tank destruction badges.....

Regards
                          Paal

Comment

And this is Heinrich Wetjen:

Regards
                            Paal

Comment

Alfred Regeniter:

Regards
                              Paal

Comment

Hans Gelhausen:

Regards
                                Paal

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 20 users online. 0 members and 20 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X