Combat award on civil clothes!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Combat award on civil clothes!

I thought to share a couple of pic's with a combat badge in wear on civil outfit, in this case a GAB, you don't see this often and i haven't seen this before, it is not under regulations.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Chrvip68; 06-20-2003, 10:06 AM.
    sigpic

With his wife:
    sigpic

Comment

Proudly shows his award:
      sigpic

Comment

Close up:
        Attached Files
        sigpic

Comment

Could the civil photos be post 1957? I have seen several times 57 awards worn in civilian clothes, but never in wartime photos. I guess that the close up shows a 57 model.

Angel
          Looking for DKiG Heer winner Soldbuch who also won the TDB and/or CCC, specially in Silver.

Comment

Yes could be a 57 model but i'm not sure, i'm 60% to be war time pic and 40% for postwar.

I do have other pic's of him and his Soldbuch but these can't help me much to be more sure about his award.
            sigpic

Comment

Hello Angel,

what about this one:

definitive not a 57er Model.
              Attached Files

Comment

detail:
                Attached Files

Comment

The more i looking the photos of this guy a total of 24 the more i'm convinced that is not a 57 award.

Nice pic stdub, is looking a little fanatic!
                  sigpic

Comment

I don't know, but I think wearing awards in civilian clothes was forbidden, but who knows, I have never seen wartime awards in civilian clothes, but.......

The ribbon lapel looks like it was a two medal ribbon combination or not?

The pilot hatwo pins, one is for the DRL and the other looks like a FJ tradition badge. Do you know something more about this man?

Angel
                    Looking for DKiG Heer winner Soldbuch who also won the TDB and/or CCC, specially in Silver.

Comment

Hi Angel,

I don´t have any informations about this man.

One of the ribbons is a Luftwaffe 4 years Long Service Medal.

Jörg

Comment

Underneath that is the 1938 Austrian Anschluss ribbon.

These are VERY weird photos-- thanks for sharing them!

Comment

I think these are definitely wartime photos based on clothes and hairstyles. IMO, these guys were just VERY proud of their awards and wore them in spite of the regulations. They probably weren't even aware of the regulations ( may have been conscripts), and I doubt those regulations were strongly enforced anyways. Besides, the Nazis had MUCH BIGGER problems at that time than worrying about people wearing military awards on civilian clothing in private photograghs.
                          Visit my Badge Collection: http://lbmilitaria.homestead.com/home.html

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X