Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two pictures - any info would be great!

Hi all,

I got yesterday on the regular market some pictures. I dont collect pictures but I liked them, so I bought few.
    When someone have any ideas about the uniforms, who they are, etc, it would be great. This one helmet looks old WW1 period M16 model to me. Also what Luft. truck it is in the next picture?

Is that von Kluge second from left?

Comment

Noor wrote:
      Also what Luft. truck it is in the next picture?
      It appears to be a garden variety Mercedes military troop transporter. I don't see anything about it that would suggest some special purpose nor any distinguishable markings that might indicate a particular Luftwaffe unit.

--Larry

Comment

On the left mud guard, looks like Luft eagle to me . But of course I am not 100% sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Noor View Post
          On the left mud guard, looks like Luft eagle to me . But of course I am not 100% sure.
          Yes, I saw that, and the paint around it is probably yellow. If so, then it would indicate "Fliegertruppe" as opposed to Luftnachrichtentruppe or the Flakartillerie. That would make the unit the truck belonged to a flying unit or the numerous units that supported the flying units (airfield commands, aircraft maintenance units, supply units and related).

--Larry

Comment

Any info

Nice photo of the Generals etc.

Jason it is von Kluge,the Luft officer taking the salute
            is General der Flieger Hans Halm as Cmdr of Luftkreis 1V(Munster)1935-38
            he later in 1939 transferred to the Army.Kluge was at the time was Cmdr
            of 6th Corps as well as Cmdr if Military District 4.
            Harmel

Comment

The old "boy" was 60 when the war started.

HALM, Hans. (DOB: 24.02.79 in Rappoltsweiler/Elsass). 01.04.34 entry into the Luftwaffe with a rank of Gen.Lt. and appt Präsident der Höheren Luftamt Münster. 01.03.35 appt Befehlshaber in Luftkreis IV, Münster. 01.10.35 promo to Gen.d.Flieger. 31.03.38 retired. 26.08.39 recalled to the Heer (Army) and appt Kommandierender Gen. des stellvertreter VIII. Armeekorps und Bef. im Wehrkreis VIII. 17.04.40 promo to General der Infanterie. 01.05.42 available but without assignment. 30.06.42 retired. †09.10.57 in Kronberg/Taunus.

--Larry

Comment

I went to the market today as well and dig out some new pictures.
                Any comment and info would be very nice, because I dont know almost anything

Picture 1 Zeppelin????

Picture 2 Crashed Junkers -52

Picture 3 Panzer guy with ......

Picture 4 Some guys again

Picture 5 Officers

Picture 6 Commander?

Comment

Originally posted by Noor View Post
                  I went to the market today as well and dig out some new pictures.
                  Any comment and info would be very nice, because I dont know almost anything

Picture 1 Zeppelin????
                  Picture 1 shows a Zeppelin over Friedrichshafen on the Bodensee (Lake Constance). Friedrichshafen is forever associated with the airships because they were first built there by Count Ferdinand von Zeppelin. The first Zeppelin airship made its inaugural flight over the Bodensee in 1900. Today, there's an interesting museum dedicated to them.

Hope that helps
                  Jason

Comment

Thanks to Harmel who identified the first few officers, I can complete the rest:

Third from left: GenMj August Schmidt, Kmdr LuftgauKmdo X which was part of Luftkreis IV in Muenster -- these things are so confusing -- which then became LuftgauKmdo VI (now being consistent with the Wehrkreis number).

Second from left: GenMj Gerhard Glokke, Gen zbv VI Corp under v Kluge

First from left: GenMj Johannes Lentzsch, HoehererKmdr Flak, Luftkreis IV

Cheers
                    Elwyn

Comment

"left" in the previous reply should of course read "right"

Cheers
                      Elwyn

Comment

Truck

Hi there,

The first truck photo you posted is a Mercedes L3000.

Cheers
                        Steve

Comment

Hi Noor, the truck in pic 4 you posted tonight is a captured British Bedford OX impressed in German service post Dunkirk.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Thanks guys for a great information!

I dont collecting TR period and I am not collecting pictures, most of them are for a trade, if someone is interested.

Comment

And today as well I got in the market some pictures.
                              Agen, any info and comments would be great :jumping: .

Picture 7

Picture 8

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X