Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS document award. What is it?

Hi guys,
    I've goten this ss award document that seems to be original and very scarce ( I didn't see it before ). Could anyone help me to get any more information about it?
    Tnaks in advance. Val

Hi its for one of these (i have no idea if the is award in the link is right or not but there is a decent enough description)
    http://www.emedals.ca/catalog.asp?item=GRA179
    Cheers
    James
    Last edited by jambobbyb; 11-10-2007, 01:53 PM.

Comment

The link says the badge is from the 40's. What is the 1922 in the top corner?

Comment

The award date on the bottom is 25th of april 1944 i think the 1922 date is his date of birth geb 30/10/1922 gotta be some german speakers on here as mines terrible
        Also doesnt abschrift mean copy? why would there be a copy of an award doc?

Comment

The 1922 date is indeed his date of birth! The award date is stated as 25th of april 1944 as jambobbyb already said ;-)

Comment

I just checked abschrift does mean copy
            Its certainly an interesting document i would suggest moving it to the paper forum and let some of the paper experts take a look

Comment

Thanks to all for your quick responses. Could anyone recognize the signer of this document? He should have been an SS-Prinz Eugen Division officer.

Comment

Ask a mod to move it to the paper forum some of those guys have some scary knowledge when it comes to sigs and docs

Comment

Originally posted by jambobbyb View Post
                  I just checked abschrift does mean copy
                  Its certainly an interesting document i would suggest moving it to the paper forum and let some of the paper experts take a look
                  How can I move it to the paper forum? Thanks
                  Val

Comment

Hi you need to contact one of the forum moderators, Lorenzo Brown, Don Doering, or Giel Van Wassenhove should be able to do it for you

Comment

Not my thing but i'd imagine it's pretty scarce, looks like the Einsatzstaffel der Deutsche Mannschaft was only 2500 to 3000 strong so i guess the total number of those badges awarded was a good deal lower?

http://www.axishistory.com/index.php?id=7276
                      Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Hi Simon, thanks for that link. I had not read that before. (Thanks Larry for the research ) The numbers of the men is that unit are remarkably small which I had not realised. I have an M40 helmet to that unit, which I include a pic of the decal for interests sake.

Getting back to the award in question here is a link to the badge which we have discussed on the forum some time ago. Sadly some of the pics are now missing:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ad.php?t=39026

Cheers, Ade.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Very interesting Ade, so i'd imagine the award doc to this badge is even scarcer than the badge itself?
                          Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

I have never seen one before (not that that means much ) Like all of this stuff, not something to be found with by Tito's Partizans.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                            X