"Cool Shades!" photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Cool Shades!" photos

I have noticed in many cases some German troops at extremely great style in choice of sunglasses. As I know they may be rare to have in a personal collection, does anyone know of any at all? I've seen a few in movies, but not photos. Anywhere online or anything would be great. Be sure to site sources though!

Thanks,
    Mansal

I have a colorized photograph of my grandfather eating at a makeshift table. At one end of the table, next to a pair of 6x30 binoculars there is a pair of sunglasses. Of the classical pilot variety. Don't know if they belong to him or one of his kameraden though.

Comment

Post it! Thanks for the info.

Thanks,
      Mansal

Comment

Mansal,

I you go through my thread on new photos you will probably see a few. Also check out the winter photos as they tended to wear sunglasses because of the snow (blindness) Bill

Comment

LT Marzak, eastern front. WR Jim
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by K98_man View Post
            Post it! Thanks for the info.

Thanks,
            Mansal
            I apologize for the delay. I've been very restrictive with posting photographs of my grandfather, but this one is a bit different from the rest and not one that I've intended to use in my "project". And besides, since I did bring it up in the first place, it's only fair that I post it.

Comment

glasses

Here's a nice MAX pickup. Though there's a second person with a similar set of glasses. Perhaps they doubled as goggles to man the machine guns?
              Attached Files

Comment

Here is one I just picked up this weekend
                Attached Files

Comment

And here is a photo showing Romanian and German troops. One of the Romanian soldiers is wearing a pair of sunglasses.

Cheers,

Al
                  Attached Files

Comment

And "the man with the glasses" himself.

Al
                    Attached Files

Comment

Quite a few shades in wear in this Bunker photo!!
                      Attached Files

Comment

LW Flak Soldiers taking a break from traveling in their Artillery Tractor
                        Attached Files

Comment

It's unfortunate I don't have anything to contribute, but I will check again. Thanks to all who posted and keep it up!

Comment

Looks like I may have found one after all! Tell me if you agree the man furthest to the left on the barrel is wearing some sunglasses?

Comment

Man oh man, what was I doing when I first looked? Fourth from left on top row.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X