• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Local auction, A.Hitler photo

Sellers Claim "B & W taken during a raid in Berlin in a newspaper office"

anyone?

edit, This is a local auction in NewZealand, chances are rare, fake i guess
    Last edited by Kiwi Ric; 11-04-2007, 09:31 PM.

In a newspaper office? They're supposed to be in the office? It looks like they're outside to me?

Comment

I think what he is saying, is that the photo was stolen from a office

Comment

Seems fishy to me, but you never buy the story anyway.

I'm not completely sure if it's original or not. Got a photo of the back?

Comment

trying to get one now

Comment

Comment

This is a well known shot taken by Hoffmann camera men or perhaps Hoffmann himself of Hitler consecrating new Standards with the Blut Fahne at the Reichsparteitage.

My money says that this particular picture is a reprint. Hoffmann photos will have his markings on the back of the photo.

cheers,

Ramon

Comment

Thanks Ramon! you guys and your world of information is helping me lots one day I hope to pass the favor on

thanks again!

-Ric

Comment

gidday mate

Reprint, save your cash, see it is on trademe. Be carefull, lot of crap there too nowadays

cheers

Mark

Comment

thanks Mark, yeah due to been so new to all of this, its like the worlds largest mine field, my only saving grace is these fellows on this forum! The heroes of the Militaria collector!

Great to meet another kiwi on here tho I might have to pick your brain!!!

Comment

G'day fellow kiwis! I saw this on TM as well and agree with Ramon. I would think only Hoffmann or perhaps a close associate would be able to get in so close at these ceremonies for pics, and his photos are usually seen with markings/info on the reverse. I'd give it a miss.

Regards
                      Russell

Comment

if you realy want a hitler pic take a look at the estand theres a few cool ones up for sale at good prices and unpublished to!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X