Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RAD calender for 1943

Hello,

I just recieved a RAD calender for 1943-anyone who has an interest in the RAD I recomend that you try and find this calender-its the best period material regarding the RAD that i have found so far-I will post pictures when i get a chance,Im in the middle of moving so it might be a few weeks!there are ALOT of pictures!more than the other RAD period books that i have-I was under the inpression that it would be a modern american style calender with 12 pages for 12 months but it has as many pages as my books(not sure the exact amout ill count them later!) with great photos on every page!it took me nearly 2 years to find it-it was on my "wanted" list for a while but it was definately worth the wait-now for the RAD 1944 calender!!

Yancy

scans

Hello,

as promised here are a few scans from the RAD 1943 calender-definatelly the best illustrated period material regarding the RAD that i have found so far-there are 54 pages with a picture on each one-all are at least postcard size or larger-great picture content-it seems alot of RAD personel were used by the luftwaffe as groundcrews or sentrys-there are a few pictures of RAD men loading bombs on planes or standing guard at airfields-also there are a nice amout of pictures of RAD men in Russia-and of course there are pictures of them working on various projects as seen in most RAd albums-for those with an interest in RADwJ there are very nice,clear closeups of different grades of female broaches being worn-if anyone is interested in seeing more scans let me know and i will post them-

regards Yancy
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Radcollector; 03-29-2004, 06:46 PM.

Comment

scan #2
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Radcollector; 03-29-2004, 06:47 PM.

Comment

scan #3
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Radcollector; 03-29-2004, 06:48 PM.

Comment

scan#4
          Last edited by Radcollector; 03-29-2004, 06:50 PM.

Comment

GREAT STUFF Yancy!!!
            I love that first photo!
            Last edited by Tyler Ramsey; 07-08-2003, 01:03 PM.

Comment

RAD leader photos and information?

Mr. Irwin-

Does the calendar have any photos of or information on specific RAD personalities (particularly higher-ranking ones)?

Best wishes,
              ~ Mike Miller / ABR

Comment

This is great!Yancy I am pleased it has landed in your collection!

As a side note Yancy here is a RAD tunic you may like to see.....made me drool.

http://www.worlddaggerscom.webweaver...id=903&posts=8

Brad

Comment

Hello,

Mike i will look it over and see about high ranking officers pictures/info,I know there are a bunch of Konstantin Hierl,includeing some of him visiting RAD men in Russia.Brad thanks for the link that is an outstanding tunic,and all the extras too!!Ive got a anhalt badge on my "wanted list",it makes it better that he has all the info on the original owner!!

regards Yancy
                  Last edited by Radcollector; 03-29-2004, 06:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Yancy Irwin
                    Hello,

Mike i will look it over and see about high ranking officers pictures/info,I know there are a bunch of Konstantin Hierl,includeing some of him visiting RAD men in Russia.Brad thanks for the link that is an outstanding tunic,and all the extras too!!Ive got a anhalt badge on my "wanted list",it makes it better that he has all the info on the original owner!!

regards Yancy
                    Hello,

I recently had a request from a forum member to post pics from the calender of RADwJ-here are 4 ,there are about 10 RADwJ pics alltogether.Here is a pic of the only offcer in the calender Reichsarbeitsfuhrer Hierl visiting a cemetary in Russia-

Comment

Hello,

I recently had a request from a forum member to post pics from the calender of RADwJ-here are 4 ,there are about 10 RADwJ pics alltogether.Here is a pic of the only offcer in the calender Reichsarbeitsfuhrer Hierl visiting a cemetary in Russia-
                      RADwJ scan 1

Comment

RADwJ scan 1
                        RADwJ scan 2

Comment

RADwJ scan 2
                          RADwJ scan 3

Comment

RADwJ scan 3
                            RADwJ scan 4,for some reason when i upload my pictures here they look out of focus and blury??
                            Attached Files

Comment

Yancy,
                              Great calendar! Thanks for sharing it.
                              ... John

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X