SS-Photoalbum on E-stand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS-Photoalbum on E-stand

Overall I believe this is a good album, but I wanted to ask a few questions about a couple photos.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=247957

On post 12 there is a page of photos with the straight edges instead of the cuts like the rest. This would mean different paper or camera? Also, why is it that a lot of the photos with these straight edge (close-ups on second page of thread) seem to have off center or not symetrical photos?

I'm just asking about more information on them. I do not think they are bad, but it was just interesting.

Thanks,
    Mansal

I would say different film and developer and could be a pic he got from one of his SS Kameraden - Bill

Comment

Originally posted by W Petz View Post
      I would say different film and developer and could be a pic he got from one of his SS Kameraden - Bill
      That sounds about right. It could be attributed to the fact that they were taken mid-1944.

Thanks for the help,
      Mansal

Comment

Hello

What was the asked price for this album!?

cheers Buckeru

Comment

Originally posted by Buckeru View Post
          Hello

What was the asked price for this album!?

cheers Buckeru
          Hi

Lat time I looked I think it was reduced down to around 340 euro maybe 380 euro.

Cheers

Karl

Comment

Hello

Thanks for the information!

cheers Buckeru

Comment

K98: This might answer the off center aspect of the images. A lot of old cameras were not the eye level 35 mm that we are use to. They were waist level with a small viewing/composing finder. You looked straight down, the image was reversed in the finder, and it is rather hard to compose when everything is backwards.

Hope that helps.

Stroodle

Comment

Originally posted by Stroodle View Post
                K98: This might answer the off center aspect of the images. A lot of old cameras were not the eye level 35 mm that we are use to. They were waist level with a small viewing/composing finder. You looked straight down, the image was reversed in the finder, and it is rather hard to compose when everything is backwards.

Hope that helps.

Stroodle
                Thanks for that information.

Thanks to everyone else who helped. I shall have my first SS album soon.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X