SS journal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS journal

I was wondering if the Waffen SS issued journal for there soldiers. If they did is there anyway someone could post a picture of one. I think I've stumbled across someone that has one.

Thanks
    Kenneth

Originally posted by kenneth wolfe View Post
    I was wondering if the Waffen SS issued journal for there soldiers. If they did is there anyway someone could post a picture of one. I think I've stumbled across someone that has one.

Thanks
    Kenneth
    My pix is blurry but since no one else has shown you one. Here in my hand is the "Day book" which I think you mean. it is small. This one was for the Niederlandische W-SS.
    Attached Files

Comment

1943 Day book

here is the back inside cover -a german one will have regular german W-SS in the photo instead of Dutch ones. If your guy's book is differant then I would like to see a pix of it
      --Michael
      Attached Files

Comment

I`ve got a newspaper called Storm -SS.
        That is a newspaper for the allgemeine ss in the netherlands.

Since i am dutch it is cool to have something from your own country.

How did you get that niederlandische buch in the usa ?
        If you want i can translate for you.

Comment

Originally posted by the.warlord1944 View Post
          I`ve got a newspaper called Storm -SS.
          That is a newspaper for the allgemeine ss in the netherlands.

Since i am dutch it is cool to have something from your own country.

How did you get that niederlandische buch in the usa ?
          If you want i can translate for you.

Hello Warlord, take good care of your Storm SS newspaper,as they are frail--I keep mine protected and backed up by archival back boards. As for the Niederlandische Buch, I found it in a used book store(Antiquariat) in Los Angeles. No idea how or why it got there.
          -
          Attached Files

Comment

hI

I know that this a situtaional question but can anyone give me a ballpark figure on what on of these cost.

Kenneth

Comment

'situational' pricing

I dont see them(SS day book) around too often, even though they are not 'rare' (rare is subjective) in the sense that they were produced , I suspect in great quatities at the time. I have seen them from 75$ to 400$ on non militaria book sites and militaria sites in the past. Please understand these prices were in the past. And may not bear on today's market.
              As you say "situational" is correct, to most, it depends on desirability. Which may especially include WHAT, WHERE and WHO might have personally written entries: this could raise the price to someone who has an interest in a certain group, individual ,or battle,etc . Also as in the book collecting world(which is not always the same as the militaria collecting world), the condition of book is a major factor. if pages are missing and edges worn off and covers half broken off ,bug damage,children's scribbling, scratched out Swaz and Sig runes, coffee stains, etc etc etc. would lower price.
              Finally despite the above: An item is worth what one is willing to pay-which can change.
              --Michael
              Last edited by Michael Fay; 10-19-2007, 01:35 PM.

Comment

Hi

Michael Fay,

Thank very much for all your help. I'll post pics when I get it.

Kenneth

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X