Kampfgruppe

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can anyone help me with the value of this poster?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can anyone help me with the value of this poster?

My dad picked it up 30+ years ago from a US vet and has decided to sell it.

Thanks for your help.
    Attached Files

nice poster. how big is it and does it say in the margins who issued it? Cheers, Torsten.

Comment

The size is 18 x 25 inches. The margins seem to be covered by the frame for the most part. In the bottom left corner there are 2 W's (W W), one of top of the other (Wolfgang Wilrich ?). And some other writting that I cannot make out.

Thanks again for the help.

EQ

Comment

Does anybody have any idea on this?

Comment

I can't answer your question, Eric, but I gather that this is a postwar poster based on the truck (lorry) and the caps the two fellows are wearing. It is reminiscent of similar posters I saw around various Kasernen in Germany in the 1950's that employed Germans and other civilian nationalities. West Germany was over run with East German agents, many of whom hung around Allied/NATO military bases. Am I wrong on this? Did your Dad give you any information on the poster?

--Larry

Comment

Thanks Larry. This was brought back by a guy who left Germany in 1945.

Comment

Thanks, Eric. I guess that identical scene from say 1944 and 1954 differ very little. I would have thought a wartime painting might have had a small clue to tie it to the Third Reich period, like maybe a license plate on the truck with a "WH" or "L" on it.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X