8 award docs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

8 award docs

I picked up these 8 award documents to the same person (Karl Heinz Callies) and wanted to present to the forum.

Hopefully someone could also identify the general that signed the Demjansk award.

8 docs: EK2, Wound Black/Silver/Gold, Eastern Front, IAB, Demjansk, and CCC.

Some were ripped and were then reglued onto other papers for support

Tony
    Attached Files

gold wound and ccc

here's the Wound in Gold and CCC in bronze
    Attached Files

Comment

Demjansk

Demjansk award...can anyone identify the general who signed it?

Tony
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by entasis View Post
        Demjansk award...can anyone identify the general who signed it?

Tony
        Tony,
        Great group; the name of the general escapes me at the moment, but if you search for "Demjansk Urkunde" or something similar either here or Google, I'm sure you'll find your answer pretty quickly.

I like the 4 "zweitschrift" urkunden too; it's not often you see 4 in one group. Feel free to post closeups of the other Urkunden!

best
        Hank
        Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
        ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

zweitschrift - 2nd copies / duplicates

I've been too long in these parts not to know better; I should have searched for the Demjansk urkundes.

Sure enough you are correct. There are identical docs. The general's signature is a stamp belonging to Gen. der Inf. Walter Graf von Brockdorff-Ahlefeldt. And I don't know who actually signed for him below the stamp but on other docs (and Callies') the very same person has signed.

Below are the 4 zweitschrift as requested. These are the ones that were ripped at one point and put together by pasting onto a paper backing. Since the duplicates were likely made at the same time; they are signed by the same person.

First up EK2 and IAB

Tony
          Attached Files

Comment

wound in black and siver...duplicates

here are the duplicates for the Wound Badge in BLACK and SILVER.

Notice the silver has the different dates associated with the injuries.

Tony
            Attached Files

Comment

Shame about the state of them but a great grouping nonetheless to a dyed in the wool 'frontschwein'.

The CCC doc is signed by the later Generalmajor Georg Kossmala an oakleaves holder.
              The hauptmann signing the EKII, IAB and two WB docs i'd guess at being the führer of III./Gren.Rgt.6 ca. late 42 whoever that might be.
              Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X