Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

U-47 Watercolour

Hello,
    I wondered if anyone out there could help me ID the artists monogram on this watercolour, the initials are TW 39. It also reads U-47 7.FL. Helgoland. Chances are that it is not by a known artist, but I like it and judging by the frame and interior I would say that it is a period painting.
    Cheers Bill.

I don't know but I like it. If you did not say water color I would have thought it was an oil. Nice piece!.

Comment

Originally posted by Vid View Post
      I don't know but I like it. If you did not say water color I would have thought it was an oil. Nice piece!.
      I know what you mean Vid, there must be something about those dark forebording skies around Helgoland. Here is a scarce, beautiful and famous gelatin silver print(posh term for B&W) by the famous German photographer Franz Schensky.

Last edited by billcarson; 10-14-2007, 04:12 AM.

Comment

What a great photograph, would love to have a copy of the original negative to play with the levels in the darkroom.
        Here is a fun attempt to turn it into a watercolour via Photoshop LOL, thanks for sharing the painting and photo.
        C
        Attached Files

Comment

Colin, I think that I have seen something similar to that on Ebay.The dedication on the reverse of this print also tells a story, if anyone is interested I will write it up.
          Cheers Bill.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X