X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Himmler and LSSAH pics

Hi guys,
    I've recently bought the following two photos:

Could anyone help me to identify the two LSAH officers? The other one sitting backside Himmler should be Karl Wolff, is it right?
    Thanks
    val

The officer on the left is Heinrich Springer, taken in Metz 1940. It is on page 101 of Gordon Williamson's book: The Iron Cross, A History 1813-1957. Did you buy these photos as original?

Comment

Originally posted by Adrian View Post
      The officer on the left is Heinrich Springer, taken in Metz 1940. It is on page 101 of Gordon Williamson's book: The Iron Cross, A History 1813-1957. Did you buy these photos as original?
      Yes, I bought the first one as original personally signed by Himmler. The second one is an original postal-card published in France. Both this pictures came from Craig Gottlieb with his personal expertise.
      About Springer I saw his photo on page 357 of Gordon Williamson's book: The Iron Cross of 1939. In another forum I got the following answers: they look like Hans Scappini (on the left) and Paul Guhl (on the right).

Comment

Hello,

The first photo is just wonderful!

William Kramer
        Please visit my site: https://wehrmacht-militaria.com/

Comment

The First photo is wonderful
          When i first saw it i thought there was something strange about it, then i realised Himmler is driving, you don't often see someone as high ranking as Himmler driving.
          Nice purchase.
          Ant.

Comment

Originally posted by antwhiplash View Post
            The First photo is wonderful
            When i first saw it i thought there was something strange about it, then i realised Himmler is driving, you don't often see someone as high ranking as Himmler driving.
            Nice purchase.
            Ant.
            Hi Ant,
            I don't acually think Himmler is driving, I think his body is obscuring the sight of the driver. The steering wheel is on the other side of the car as it should be a continental left hand drive.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrian View Post
              Hi Ant,
              I don't acually think Himmler is driving, I think his body is obscuring the sight of the driver. The steering wheel is on the other side of the car as it should be a continental left hand drive.
              Hi Adrian!
              I did actually think he was sitting in the left seat, therefore the driving seat, but as is the way i think you're correct.
              Surely even stranger that he's smiling!
              I wonder who was taking the picture?
              Ant.

Comment

In the first pic, Himmler is smiling because his first class reservation for Hell was confirmed.

In the second pic, I doubt that Heinrich Springer is on the left. I could be wrong, but it's an odd appearance for him.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X