Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Schwere Panzer Jager Abteilung 559

hello All

I just found this one. A very nice ek2 document from gefreiten Ludwig Dangl. He was in the 3rd kompany from s. Pz. Jg. Abt. 559. This unit fought in Holland during the liberation of Brabant. This abteilung had 2 kompanies with sturmgeschutze and one with jagdpanthers.

This one has the autograph from Generalleutnant Kurt Chill. He was the commander of the 85 Infantery Division.It is signed 18-10-1944 which means he was in Holland that time.

Regards Erwin
    Last edited by Erwin L; 02-13-2008, 02:06 PM.

Interesting, is it common for the type of tank that the person was in to be listed on the doc? Or is that a sign of a fake? I havnt seen that before.

Comment

I don't think it is common but maybe it is because it is signed by a general from an infantery division and not by an officer from this abteilung. This abteilung had one jagdpanther company and two sturmgeschutz. Maybe it was mentioned to make a difference. I like to hear other opinions who can tell more.

regard Erwin
      Last edited by Erwin L; 09-19-2007, 11:31 PM.

Comment

What about the rest of the document. Is that ok or not? I like to hear

regards erwin

Comment

Here another autograph from Kurt Chill. (thanks Scott R )

Comment

Hello,

In the past I have seen KG Chill (85 ID) 1944 award documents, signed by general Chill and I must say the looked very similar. Also the signature looks ok to me.

Nice EK 2 document from a very good combat unit!

Enjoy!
            Peter

Comment

Hello Peter,

Thanks for your opinion i really appreciate it

regards Erwin

Comment

Hi Erwin L,

In the book "België 44" by Peter Taghon their are several images of the vehicles (panthers) of this unit that fought on the Albert-canal in Geel.

Cheers,
                Peter

Comment

Thanks for mention that Peter

I have seen also some pictures from the jagdpanthers from this unit. Here is one taken out on the Market place of Geel. In Lommel one tank of this unit drove over a shelter were 15 people were hiding. A very good friend of mine who wrote a book told me this. After the war he spoke to several soldiers of this unit. For example Kopke

regards erwin

Comment

Here some more pictures i found in books from this abteilung

Another vieuw from the same Jagdpanther on the Market place from gent. You can see the planes in the air with the paratroopers from the 101st airborne. So the picture must be made at 17 september 1944. I think the former phograph is taken later then this one because the jagdpanther is stripped

regards rewin

Comment

Jagdpanthers from Schwere Panzer Jager Abteilung 559 going to the Albertcanal/Geel direction in Belgium. This photograph was made when the arrived at Tilburg station

regards Erwin

Comment

A Dakota Skytrain chrashed against a jagdpanther from the abteilung. The jagdpanther was taken out before the crash

regards Erwin

Comment

The last jagdpanther from the abteilung photographed in the south of Holland (tweede tol/zevenbergse hoek)

regards Erwin
                          Last edited by Erwin L; 02-13-2008, 02:11 PM.

Comment

I still like to hear some other opinions from experts, according the originality from this document

regards Erwin

Comment

I'm still interested to hear if the make of the tank (panther) (Tiger) (Mark IV) was regularly put on award docs.... I have not seen it before so I would say no but.......... I'm waiting for someone to prove me wrong as I am fairly new to this hobby.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X