Sturmgeschütz - Photo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sturmgeschütz - Photo

Today I got a nice photo of a Sturmgeschütz, it has the divisional symbol of Stu.G. Abt. 243:

Take a closer look at the symbol, it has a heart in the right upper corner, I have seen the same symbol in a book, but with a diamond. Does anybody know if the unit used all four cards-symbols for the different batterys ?

Another funny thing is the camo-cover for the light:

They used a russian gas-mask, quite funny.

Kind regards
    Robert

It is the TINY details that make photo collecting such fun!!!! Thanks Robert!!

Comment

Thats a very nice, Robert!
      Antti

Comment

Hi Robert,

Very nice photo. This is one of my favorite (Unit : 1./201) :

Jean-Yves

Comment

Hi Robert, the good old <i>Panzer Colors III</i> (p.34) sayth:

"HQ - spade; 1st battery - heart; 2nd battery - diamond; and 3rd battery - club."

Of course one can't put his faith on often inaccurate information on <i>Panzer Colors</i> series, so I put this information "as is"

Comment

Here's my contribution, late type with gun travelling lock on the front glacis plate and wider <i>Ostketten</i> track.
            Attached Files

Comment

StuG.Abt.197
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Akira Takiguchi; 06-03-2003, 12:27 AM.

Comment

StuG.Abt.210 - note the <b>Ch</b> (Batteriechef - battery commander) sign.
                Attached Files

Comment

Lyon (France) 1940 - Batterie 640 in 16./IR GD.
                  Driver : L. Lehrmann
                  Gunner : Peter Frantz

Jean-Yves

Comment

nice photos! jyn I love your 201 photo! a great shot! it has nice things to watch! here is my contribution of stug 243 the photo was taken in 1943 at the russian front.regards manuel

Comment

Here is a Sturmgeschütz foto form a collection of about 400 fotos I have of the 132. ID. More to come.
                      Attached Files

Comment

2./667 (Primozic' unit - Note the victories)

Jean-Yves

Comment

Jean-Yves' three pictures are by far the most interesting ones to me. Thank you for sharing these extremely rare and great photographs!

Didn't know that Franz' gun carried <b>32</b>, a news for me. He was a Zugf&uuml;hrer in 640 since 1939. Therefore it is a bit strange if he was a gunner, he must have been a <i>Gesch&uuml;tzf&uuml;hrer</i> and not a <i>Richtsch&uuml;tze</i>... Can you tell us something more about it, Jean-Yves, because you seem to have a treasure there?

Also, the 667 photo is impressive. The gun seems to have 45 kills. A well known photo of Witte (3./667) has about 40 (RKT book says 42). Because you positively identifies it from 2.Batterie, it is not Witte's though it looks like so. Equally well-known photo of Primozic's gun shows dark color stripes instead of white. Do you have anything more to share?

Comment

Dear Akira,

Concerning your words. Yes, Peter Frantz was Geschütz und zugführer. This original picture has been sent to me by the driver Uffz. Lehrmann and it has been taken in Lyon in 1940. He wrote me on the back that Peter Frantz was the Geschütz and the zugführer of the Stug, so the 32 is their tank...

Concerning the 2./667 : I did a mistake, Medecke who is on the right on the photo was originally from the 2.Batterie but he moved to the 3.Batterie when his Geschützführer Wm. Klier was killed. This photo has been taken by May 1943 'in spass Demensk' as it has been written on the back of the picture.

For 20 years, I am in contact with vets.

A last one : Aufstellung Stug.Abt.286 in Frankreich (Kaserne in Tours)

Jean-Yves

Comment

Hi guys,
                              from me some Sturmgeschütz photos also. Fantastic photos inside this Thread. My hard is pumping!!!

Best wishes to all collectors

StuG-Collector

Sturmgeschütz from the Sturmgeschütz Abteilung 243

Sturmgeschütz from a unkown Sturmgeschütz unit

Sturmgeschütz Abteilung 244

Sturmhaubitze from aunkown Sturmgeschütz unit

Sturmgeschütz Abteilung 210

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X