Otto Kumm photo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Otto Kumm photo

I love this photo of Otto Kumm awarding EK's in the field. However, I don't know if it is period produced and marked. Any ideas? It's a nice size, just short of 8x10 inches.

Regards,
    Kevin
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

I would say this is not a period produced picture.

Al

Comment

This photo is not a wartime photo! Only postwar! regards ralf

Comment

Photo

Hello,
          Just was wondering why a couple members say that the photo posted is post-war? What is it about the photo that makes it post-war? Thanks, DJB

Comment

Originally posted by David B. View Post
            Hello,
            Just was wondering why a couple members say that the photo posted is post-war? What is it about the photo that makes it post-war? Thanks, DJB
            What he said. Can one of you fellows elaborate? I'd like to know how to tell period from post-war.

Regards,
            Kevin

Comment

While a shot of the entire back of the photo would be helpful; from what I can see, my opinion is that this is not a period produced press photo. I do not like the stamping or the writing on the back as they are not what I am used to seeing on known period pictures.

Al

Comment

VERY nice, but postwar copy.

Comment

Thanks for the replies, folks. Another question that could help clear things up: Were any WWII-period photographs produced with a matte finish?

Comment

Originally posted by norwest View Post
                    Thanks for the replies, folks. Another question that could help clear things up: Were any WWII-period photographs produced with a matte finish?
                    Oh yes! Quite common, at least when it comes to portraits.

Comment

I am posting these pictures for a fellow forum member. I will just post the reverse side with a close up on the stamps right now as that stays on topic.
                      I will leave the rest up to him.
                      Attached Files

Comment

pic 2
                        Attached Files

Comment

Pictures

Hello,
                          Thank You Al for posting the reverse scans of the photos I sent. I spoke to another collector tonight and He agrees these photos are post war and in the case of one of mine, an outright fake or colorized copy. The actual stamp may be correct and possibly used during the war but it was added to these pictures postwar, as was the writing on the stamp. I hope this helps clear up any questions. Sincerely, DJB

Comment

I wouldn't get too worried about any 'press' photo being postwar; by their very nature they were meant reprinted and copied for various uses/reasons so exclusivity should not be expected.

Generally they exceed personal photos in both subject matter and quality, and if it is the image you are after, these fit the bill.

Al

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X