Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Narvikschild group?

Greetings all

I came across this, what appears to be a Narvik shield doc group, but not sure what to make of it. It looks different from everything that I had seen till now. Any comments would be very welcomed.

Filip
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

and the photo
        Attached Files

Comment

The Kriegsmarine didn't have Soldbuecher until 1941. They had to have some way of making sure personel didn't wear medals they weren't entitled to....so they issued these forms.
          Jeff

Comment

So, were these forms issued in addition to the typical IK2 , Narvik, etc, Award documents or instead of?

Filip

Comment

In addition too.
              Jeff

Comment

That's a real nice little group, and while not as flashy as the "normal" urkunden for awards, really impressive in it's simplicity. Not to mention a KM EK2 in 1939!

best
                Hank
                Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
                ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

Originally posted by Hank Cummings View Post
                  That's a real nice little group, and while not as flashy as the "normal" urkunden for awards, really impressive in it's simplicity. Not to mention a KM EK2 in 1939!

best
                  Hank
                  I wonder if that 1939 EK2 was for Poland/Baltic action.
                  Thanks for the info, Jeff, Hank
                  Last edited by Filip; 09-02-2007, 11:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hank Cummings View Post

best
                    Hank
                    And a Narvik EKI. That's not something you see often at all.
                    Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon orchard View Post
                      And a Narvik EKI. That's not something you see often at all.
                      Very interesting, Simon. What about Narvik issued KM IK2 ? How rare would that be ?

Filip
                      Last edited by Filip; 09-02-2007, 09:46 PM.

Comment

As far as KM Narvik groups go the 'standard set' you see most often is Narvik shield doc, destroyer badge doc and an EKII. Sometimes you'll find a WB in black too. Anything outside of that, like EKI or WB in silver\gold is really quite rare.

If all the formal award docs to this guy survived then it'd be a fantastic Narvik group.

Here's a typical example of a Narvik KM EKII
                        Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Unfortunately, what you see is what you get, these 3 docs and the picture. As for “standard set” , I’m anxiously awaiting another Narvik group which I will share with you as soon as I get it. Appreciate your comments, Simon.

Filip

Comment

Ok, got it, so here it is.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Well, this explains my interest in the cap tally bellow.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X