Help with uniform ID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with uniform ID

This picture was amongst a KM group i have. Any ideas as to what uniform this guy has? Is that a cufftitle i see? The photo may be early or pre-war, possibly taken in a North German port.

Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Hi Simon, there is a resemblance to Hermann Goring? Size and face plus the cigar??
    The uniform is certainly Luftwaffe. Note the cut of the fligermutze cap. Plus the light coloured collar patches. The cuff title could be the comemorative one issued for former members of "Jagdgeschwader frhr. V. Richthofen Nr1 1917/1918". I cannot recall seeing a pic of Goring wearing this title but he would have been entitled to it?
    Hope this helps you?
    Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Hi Simon an Adrian,

for me the man looks like Heman Goering too.
      And I still saw pictures with him, wearing this cufftitle.

Jörg

Comment

Well Adrian if it is Hermann it's completely out of 'synch' with the rest of the album. The collar patch didn't come out too clearly in the scan but it's actually 3 horizontal bars or at least seems to be.

Well, well. i just took a look at the picture of Göring on page 282 of B.L Davis book on LW uniforms and insignia and it does look very much like him. Interesting
        Last edited by Simon O.; 05-28-2003, 03:54 PM.
        Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X