X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to wear your fieldmade camo jacket

This fellow got something wrong imho

hmo

It depends - I guess he is a member of the "Hermann-Göring"-division, and therefore saw service in sicely and maybee nortern africa.

In those areas the tan tunic gives a much better camo-effect than the colourfull SS-smock.

Comment

Nice, the picture was taken only a few km away from my home!

Btw, the picture was taken 1940, if the seller is right. So he cant had been fighting in Sicily..

Im not the expert on uniforms, but couldnt it be an Arbeitsdrillich over the uniform?

Comment

The seller probably meant the photo was taken in the 40's and not exactly 1940....there is no way he could have been wearing a tropical tunic in 1940. I believe he may have been on home leave from Sicily/Italy 1943/1944 when this portrait was taken. I also agree with Gran Sasso that he probably was a member of the Hermann Goering Division as they tended to wear SS camo items and in this case under his tropical tunic which is better suited for camo purposes.

Originally posted by Maigewitter View Post
        Nice, the picture was taken only a few km away from my home!

Btw, the picture was taken 1940, if the seller is right. So he cant had been fighting in Sicily..

Im not the expert on uniforms, but couldnt it be an Arbeitsdrillich over the uniform?

Comment

Interesting picture nonetheless; I've actually seen pics of SS troops wearing their M44 camo jacket underneath the smock.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X