Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GJR 139 Verpflegskarte

Grüß Di' Bergkameraden,

Does anyone know what the purpose of this card is?

All I can see is the card belonged to somebody in charge of running the kitchen.

best
    Hank
    Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
    ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

Im not 100% sure but i think everytime the owner of this card went to the kitchen and get something to eat they made a cross in one of the boxes. Something like the meal vouchers (Essensmarken). I also think that the card didnt belong to a member of the kitchen team. I would say that this card was just handed out and stamped by the kitchen administration (Küchenverwaltung). The owner was part of the
      I./Geb-Jäg-Ers-Rgt. 139
      2 Kompanie.

Best regards

Comment

It is for Dunkin Doenitz...after ten purchases, the bearer is entitled to
        a free dozen Doenitz mit caffee.

Comment

Grüß Di' Docktor Memory,

Are you sure it's for Dunkin' Doenitz....I think it's Dunkin Dietl....

Comment

Ehm yeah..

Comment

Originally posted by Maigewitter View Post
              Im not 100% sure but i think everytime the owner of this card went to the kitchen and get something to eat they made a cross in one of the boxes. Something like the meal vouchers (Essensmarken). I also think that the card didnt belong to a member of the kitchen team. I would say that this card was just handed out and stamped by the kitchen administration (Küchenverwaltung). The owner was part of the
              I./Geb-Jäg-Ers-Rgt. 139
              2 Kompanie.

Best regards
              Griaß Di' Maigewitter,

Vielen Dank Bergkamerad! Yeah, I figured that it is some sort of ration/meal card. It is interesting that it has never been punched or marked...maybe the Jäger never got any food???

Can you, or anyone else, help with his last name? Looks like his name and rank are Obergefreiter Johann Neahßer (but that doesn't seem right...my Sütterlin skills are rusty).

Küchenbullen vor!

Comment

Sorry cant help you with the name but do you are Bavarian?

Comment

Servus Gebirgler Maigewitter,

I bin ein Ami. But I lived in München from 1987-91. I was working at McGraw Kaserne in the old RZM Headquarters.

Pfiat di'

Comment

Ah, okey!

Comment

Hi,
                      I read the name as

Ogfr. Strahßer Johann

Gerdan

Comment

Grüß Gott Gerdan,

Thanks for your help. I think you have it correct....Ogfr. Strahßer it is!

Berg Heil!

Comment

Interesting little thing. GJER 139 and GJR 139 were of course two completely different units. The I Btl. of each unit though were based at Klagenfurt before GJR 139 left the continent for Scandinavia in April '40.

So, i would guess it was a soldier not on the permanent ration roll of the unit that was feeding him at the time. Perhaps on a course or something.
                          Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

guys,
                            the name is written with an ancient form of a double "s", the "sz" and therefore reads "Strasser". a typical name to find in rural regions in austria.
                            cheers, werner

Comment

Grüß Di' Bergkameraden Simon und Werner,

Thank you for your insights and clarification on the name.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X