Inf.Rgt.90 (mot) EK citations.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inf.Rgt.90 (mot) EK citations.

I have this piece in my collection and I have seen other signed in the same way anyone knows why this happen. I have seen other as second iusses that bear the signature of an Oberst or lower, but not both, the Kommandeur and a lower rank as a Major F.d.R.

Thanks

Angel
    Attached Files
    Looking for DKiG Heer winner Soldbuch who also won the TDB and/or CCC, specially in Silver.

Is this not also a second issue? It is not marked as such, however the signature of the General appears to be a facsimile and perhaps were already pre-stamped!

/Ian
    Photos/images copyright © Ian Jewison collection

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Comment

I don't think is a second issue and some weeks ago Detlev has a group belonging to this unit and the EK II was signed in the same way and around the same time.

Angel
      Looking for DKiG Heer winner Soldbuch who also won the TDB and/or CCC, specially in Silver.

Comment

Unless it is simply FdR because it is facsimile signed!!

In fact that could be it? Have a look at the Demjanskschild citation...facsimile signed by General der Infanterie Graf Brockdorff-Ahlfeld EL and signed usually by a Leutnant or other junior officer......

I know that is not always the case as the Krimschild has von Manstein only...but I can not think of any other reason?!

/Ian
        Photos/images copyright © Ian Jewison collection

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Comment

For me is also the pnly reasonable explain, but as I have seen dozens of facsimil signed citations without the FdR signature I wonder if any special fact caused this in this particular unit as I see it in a other citation for the same medal, same signatures, same time and same unit.

Do you know who was this Major?

Angel

Comment

The most similar thng I could obtain is this citation where only the Oberst signed I.A. and the General is only named, but no facsimil or rubberstamp is used.

Angel
            Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X