Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Award doc Honor Goblet KC holder

Hi,

Could someone tell me if this award doc for an Honor Goblet has some good signs of being an authentic one?? It aint my collection field.

Its awarded to Ernst Froemming, but I dont know if that is the same guy as the FJ and KC holder as seen at the picture.

Please some help. Thanks...

Martin

Shot at 2007-07-18

Shot at 2007-07-18

Omg

Ow my god..... I am just checking the price guide of Detlev Niemann and what do I see on page 717?? The same name only another set up. Looks like a bad bad bad fake....

Ever seen this one/type before??

Martin

Comment

I am totally confused ...I was wrong: the one in Niemanns price guide is "die Ehrenschale" and this one is "die Ehrenpokal"...Thats a big difference.

But, I see clearly another type of signature...

Comment

I'm not a signature expert, but I'm not too keen on both of the sigs on this document...

best
        Hank
        Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
        ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

It's bad. Frömming is listed as getting the ehrenpokal sometime in 1944 if i remember correctly, i don't have my books to hand.
          Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Can a paratrooper receive the Honor Goblet? I think he can receive only the Ehrenschale as a ground fighter instear an aircrew or pilot.

Angel
            Looking for DKiG Heer winner Soldbuch who also won the TDB and/or CCC, specially in Silver.

Comment

P

Comment

Originally posted by Angel Farré View Post
                Can a paratrooper receive the Honor Goblet? I think he can receive only the Ehrenschale as a ground fighter instear an aircrew or pilot.

Angel

You're quite right Angel. I was going from memory and got my DKiG lists mixed up with my ehrenpokal lists.
                Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Quote:
                  <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by Angel Farré

Angel

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

You're quite right Angel. I was going from memory and got my DKiG lists mixed up with my ehrenpokal lists.
                  <!-- / message -->
                  Before the Ehrenschale was awarded it was not uncommon to be awarded the Ehrenpokal for a Fallschirmjäger. Specially these relative early awardings are possible. Do not forget there have never been found any award criteria for the Ehrenpokal so do not state it is not possible. In 1941 they were awarded to Fallschirmjäger several times. Oberartzt Joachim Kirsch is one exemple of it in the Patzwall book on the Ehrenpokal.

However in this case I do not like the signature of Göring. This document is signed with Hermann Göring and that is very uncommon. All documents I have seen that were signed by him were signed only with Göring. So I do have my doubts on this document here shown, but the awarding is possible.

Comment

Hi guys !

Hauptmann Ernst Frömming (later on commander of Fallschirm-Pionier-Bataillon 1) received his "EHRENSCHALE DER LUFTWAFFE" in 1942 ! I really don't believe, that he later on received an "EHRENPOKAL". Frömming served the whole war with Fallschirmpioniere.

Kind regards,

Peter

Comment

Originally posted by peterm View Post
                      Hi guys !

Hauptmann Ernst Frömming (later on commander of Fallschirm-Pionier-Bataillon 1) received his "EHRENSCHALE DER LUFTWAFFE" in 1942 ! I really don't believe, that he later on received an "EHRENPOKAL". Frömming served the whole war with Fallschirmpioniere.

Kind regards,

Peter

Ehrenpokal was awarded in most cases , when the person was missing , died post-human for the Family !

I had to Certifikates of Stka -Pilots

I once presented here my Convolute of 15 Certificates o f this pilot .. The ehrenpokal and the Deutsches Kreuz were awarded after being shot down ..

Comment

Frömming survived the war and I am sure, he never was awarded an "Ehrenpokal". He received Ehrenschale, DKiG and RK.

Regards, Peter

Comment

Ehrenpokal was awarded in most cases , when the person was missing , died post-human for the Family
                          I don't know if i'm reading you correctly here but the ehrenpokal was not 'in most cases' a posthumous award.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X