Photo ID help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Photo ID help

I just got these 2 photos from a friend of mine. I have no idea what uniform/insignia the guy is wearing. Not even sure its German. Any help would be appreciated. WR Jim
    Attached Files

close up
    Attached Files

Comment

The second pic
      Attached Files

Comment

looks like he is police, probalbly pre-war.

Mike

Comment

My friend found another picture from the same group.So definately German.
          Attached Files

Comment

Jim,

They are Prewar Polizei...here is a portrait pic out of a Polizei Album I picked up for resale.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by W Petz; 09-03-2007, 03:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by W Petz View Post
              Jim,

They are Prewar Polizei...here is a portrait pic out of a Polizei Album I picked up for resale.
              Bill,

Great picture. What I'm trying to figure out is why they're wearing standard M34 caps with Heer insignia. From the few books I have that show Police headgear, the cockade is on top and police eagle on the bottom. I know nothing about Police so I thought that was interesting.Jim

Comment

Jim,

It looks like in the early pre-war days...they wore just about anything and I assume as they started obtaining more military related items such as M34 caps they added insignia to their liking as it appears nothing was standard at that time for Polizei unlike the Military forces. My opinion only but as I looked further into the Polizei album....once the war started the Polizei had more standardized uniforms insignia and equipment. Here are several pics of the various types of headgear.

Originally posted by djpool View Post
                Bill,

Great picture. What I'm trying to figure out is why they're wearing standard M34 caps with Heer insignia. From the few books I have that show Police headgear, the cockade is on top and police eagle on the bottom. I know nothing about Police so I thought that was interesting.Jim
                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X