No announcement yet.

Ahnenerbe Wolfram Siever's signature

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you Derek for your posting of a example. Can't be positive one way or the other .The upward curve on the connection between the r an s is promising, If that sig. is in a book, could you tell me which one?
    -Michael

Comment

The other side of your signature, this one being from 1944. They signatures are not from a book but Sievers's BDC file.
      Derek

Comment

Thank you again Derek, for your answer and 2nd example. Nothing is for sure, but your second example looks like mine, to my ,admittedly, untrained eye.
        I went for this grouping after a positive comment from someone who knows Ahnenerbe paper documents in Germany, and my own research as to what was actually being written about in the doc.s themselves. As it is a "non-sexy" topic and rather oblique as to just what they are talking about, I was heartened to figure out exactly what they are discussing and , in general, why somthing this seemingly banal would matter to Siever's and the others. To me, as it was so esoteric, and yet a confirmable area of Ahnenerbe/Siever's/ Dr.Fehlre interest it suggested a good deal of legitamacy to me at the time.
        I am of course, very glad to hear Max History feels for the moment ,that the non -Siever's documents "appear genuine," for the moment.
        --Michael F.
        Last edited by Michael Fay; 07-16-2007, 07:20 PM. Reason: correct typo

Comment

Michael,
          Thank you for posting clearer images. Although I repeat that the only true method of authentication is physical examination, having now seen your follow-up digital photos, I would say that your documents are genuine. In your closer images, it is now possible to gauge the flow of the pen better. A high quality scan would be even better, but, coupled with the almost certainty of the accompanying documents being authentic, the balance of probabilities lies heavily in your favour. A nice group.
          Max.

Comment

Max, as you may imagine, I am glad you think so,not withstanding the ultimate test:a final examination, of course. As my true area of interest is: the Ahnenerbe's study of ancient "aryan" history and the pagan side of the SS), these documents dovetail perfectly into this area. I could almost say my Heilige Gral in my collection.
            As I am a bit technically challenged, what kind of Scanner /or settings would I need to achieve a high quality scan (-which I would then post for your-and others, perusal) ?
            I currently have an HP Scanjet 4890.

Thank you, Michael F.

Comment

Michael,
              Your scanner would be OK. You just need to raise the pixel rate slightly (400 dpi is OK for here) and scan just the signature. Resize it to approx. 650 x 400 and then save it as a jpeg ( 7 medium). That should be sufficient to attach it to this forum in a reasonable size and quality.
              Max.

Comment

hopefully better scan

Thanks for the instructions. I could not find dpi, but did find and raise the ppi. I seem to only be alowed to raise these levels in higher levels than 400, so had to a lot higher. Anyway, I hope this is better quality.
                --Michael F
                Attached Files

Comment

since I accidentally did one in 24 bit greyscale, at a pixel size of:609x395, I am putting it up as a comparison.
                  -Michael F.
                  Attached Files

Comment

It was this area that gave me concern. It does not have an unhesitant flow which is normally present in all authentic signatures. There is a slight 'jerkiness' to the formation of the letters. This is nearly always present in forged examples as the writer subconsciously cannot control a nervous motion in the hand, producing a hesitant flow to the writing. In some examples the pen is even lifted away from the paper creating a break in the flow. Having said all that, your example bears remarkable similarities to a genuine Sievers signature which outweigh the reservations. Without the benefit of physical examination, I am 95% certain yours is genuine.
                    Max.
                    Last edited by max history; 11-16-2007, 09:22 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X