Wolfschantze

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wolfschantze

Here is a neat picture I think some of you will like. It is a photo I received from a veteran in the Gro******223;deutschland division. It is Hitlers headquarters in east prussia. The Wolfs Lair or "Wolfschantze"
    Front:

Back:

So sorry for fuzzy pics. I'll get better ones!

Comment

Just goes to show that there are snapshots around even from a super-secret installation like the Wolfschanze.

Many years ago when I first started collecting photos, a Berlin dealer tried to sell me some average field shots at a high price. He said they were rare because "photography was forbidden in the Wehrmacht."

Comment

How much would this individual one go for?

Bare in mind, I'd never sell, I'm just curious what a rarer photo would sell for.

Comment

Others prob can do better at guessing, but I'd say $20-30 for this particular shot. Reasons for it being fairly low are:
          - no soldiers or personalities in the shot, it's just a building
          - it's an "unknown" building at the Wolfschanze whereas the Lage-Barracke, the main gate, or one of the bunkers would be more desirable.
          - it's just one photo by itself, if you add more photos from the same person or at least that person's story to go with it, the price goes up.

Comment

I see, thank you.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X