MilitariaPlaza

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cool period painting of a French soldier in a German uniform??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cool period painting of a French soldier in a German uniform??

Here's a painting I bought a while back from an estate.

It appears to be a Frenchman volunteering to be a medic with the German army???

Check out the camo helmet...

This is a period painting... and not some 1970's junk..

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

I was looking at my old threads and see I never got an comments on this

Comment

But as far as i know the LVF wore the national insignia on the right arm?
            Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

a rather amateurish daub...scarcely room in the helmet for this character's brain pan.

Comment

VERY INTERESTING PICTURE , HERE'S ANOTHER FOTO OF FRENCH SOLDIER'S IN GERMAN UNIFORM.

Comment

Originally posted by lieproo View Post
                  VERY INTERESTING PICTURE , HERE'S ANOTHER FOTO OF FRENCH SOLDIER'S IN GERMAN UNIFORM.

The soldier on the right is Austrian, not French. It must have been taken just after the anschluss before the Austrian army was fully kitted out with German uniforms.
                  Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Originally posted by corporalSteiner View Post
                    a rather amateurish daub...scarcely room in the helmet for this character's brain pan.
                    I'm afraid I have to agree. A very poorly executed painting, but still better than I could do!
                    Max.

Comment

Wow!

sorry I asked... everyone is such a critic.....

Comment

dont be sorry you asked, im not. why, threads breed threads...the picture of the austrian soldier shows huge breast pockets on a tunic with slanted hip pockets similar to fliegerblouses. ive seen such flieger blouses as standard luft ones, with these curious large flapped breast pockets added. hadnt realised it but they may have been austrian issue...??
                        fascinating...no, the soldier's head really is too small for the helmet.his earnest expression is funny, given his truncated head. putting a brave face on it though.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon Orchard View Post
                          The soldier on the right is Austrian, not French. It must have been taken just after the anschluss before the Austrian army was fully kitted out with German uniforms.
                          most certainly austrian. i wonder how long they got to wear the breast eagle on their old austrian uniforms before being issued with german uniforms? cheers, torsten.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 5 users online. 0 members and 5 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X