Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kapitän z.S. Michahelles

Hello all
    I'm having a searh on Kapitän z.S. Michahelles, "seekommandant festung Gironde", if anyone can help me with photos, documents or story of him, it wil be very helpfull.
    Thanks in advance
    Best regards
    Eric

Hello
    Here is some info :

MICHAHELLES HANS
    DoB : 18/05/1899
    DoD : 14/06/1975
    Last rank : KONTEADMIRAL
    LAst position : KDT. Festung GIRONDE-NORD
    DKiG : Not awarded
    RK : 30/04/1945 (309th) as K.Adm. KDT. FST GIRONDE-NORD

Regards
    Denis

Comment

Michahelles

Hello Denis
      Thank you for these informations. they are very helpfull.
      I hope someone can put some photos of him.
      Regards
      eric

Comment

Bonjour
        I'll have a look this evening in my Biblio Verlag book to see if more info is available. Maybe there will be a photo but I have no scanner.
        Bonne soirée
        Denis

Comment

Here is an unpublished photo from my collection of an "anonymous" uncaptioned coastal flak commanders' conference which I can date between 26 August and 17 December 1943 from officers I can identify.

Michahelles is standing in front row far right as Kapt zS and Commander of Sea Defenses, Gascogny (Seeverteidigung Gascogne) 26.8.43-17.4.45. He was named Festungskommandant Girondemündung-Süd (Fortress Commandant, Mouth of the Gironde, South) 29.9.-8.10.44, and same only "North" 9.10.44-17.4.45. He was a prisoner of war in France until 2 August 1950.

You are welcome to use this for your own personal use but contact me if any other use is intended please.
          Attached Files

Comment

Hello rick
            Thank you for the photos, nice to see that kind of unpublished photos.
            Is the conference situated in France?
            Regards
            Eric

Comment

It must have been. The officers who are identifiable by me were all from Norman, Channel Islands, and west coast of France flak assignments under the Luftwaffe CO looking annoyed in the middle there.

Comment

Hello
                Nice photo, Rick. Thanks for sharing it.
                Here are some details about Michahelles

Promotions
                15/02/18 Fänhrich zS
                30/07/20 Lt. zS
                01/04/23 Oblt. zS
                01/04/30 Kaptlt.
                01/01/36 Korv.Kapt.
                27/08/39 Freg.Kapt.
                01/04/41 Kap. zS
                01/10/44 K.Adm.

Assignments (prewar assignments are not included but can be provided if you really need them, I was too lazy to rewrite them)
                06/05/38-23/08/43 : OKM, Marinewehramt, Generalreferent für den Offiziernachwuchs
                05/41-07/41 : AOK 12, Marineverbindungsoffizier (Athen)
                23/08/43-17/04/45 : Seeverteidigung Gascogne, Kommandant
                29/09/44-08/10/44 : zugleich Girondemündung-Süd, Festungskommandant
                09/10/44-17/04/45 : zugleich Girondemündung-Nord, Festungskommandant
                17/04/45 : Französische Kriegsgefangenschaft

Awards
                10/12/25 : Chilenischer Verdienstorden 3. Kl.
                07/11/34 : Ehrenkreuz f. Frontkampfer
                02/10/36 : Dienstauszeichnung IV. Kl.
                02/10/36 : Dienstauszeichnung III. Kl.
                02/10/36 : Dienstauszeichnung II. Kl.
                20/04/42 : Bulgarischer St. Alexanderorden IV. Kl. m. Schwertern am ring, Bulgarischer Miltärverdienstorden III. Kl. m. Kriegsdekoration
                He also was awarded the following awards but no date is provided for them :
                Kriegsabz. für die Marineartillerie
                KVK II. Kl. m. Schwertern
                KVK I. Kl. m. Schwertern

He was present at the German forces surrender meeting in Royan and Le Verdon at the end of April, 1945.

2 photos are displayed in Biblio Verlag's "Die Ritterkreuzträger der Deutschen Wehrmacht - Surface Fleet" volume 2 (one with the KM blue jacket, the other with the KM Feldgrau Coastal Art. uniform) but I have no possibility to scan them. Maybe another fellow forum member might do that.
                Regards
                Denis

Comment

Michahelles

Bonsoir Eric,

Voici deux images relatives à votre recherche sur Michahelles. Ces images ont été publiées dans un superbe article écrit par M. Alain Chazette, "1944-1945 Les redditions des poches allemandes sur les côtes françaises", 39-45 Magazine n° 149, novembre 1998.

La première image présente le Konteradmiral Michahelles peu après sa reddition le 17 avril 1945 dans son PC de Pontaillac près de Royan. Il est surveillé par des gendarmes français et interrogé par un journaliste. Il est encore vêtu d'un uniforme de Kapitän. Compte tenu de l'encerclement de la Festung Royan, il n'a pas pu se faire envoyer un uniforme digne de son nouveau grade. (photo ECPA).

Cordiales salutations.

Good evening Eric,

Here are two images relative to your research on Michahelles. These images were published in a magnificent article written by Mr. Alain Chazette, "1944-1945 The surrenders of the German pockets on the French coasts", 39-45 Magazine n° 149, in November, 1998.

The first image presents the Konteradmiral Michahelles after its surrender on April 17, 1945 in its Pontaillac PC near Royan. He is watched by French policemen and interrogated by a journalist. He is still dressed in a Kapitän zur See feldgrau uniform. Considering the encirclement of the Festung Royan, he was not able to be sent a dignified uniform of the new rank. (Photo ECPA)

Cordial greetings.

Polux

Post Tenebras Lux

Comment

Michahelles

La seconde image présente la première page du Soldbuch du Konteradmiral Michahelles. On peut noter sa nomination au grade de Konteradmiral en date du 1 octobre 1944. (coll. Genet)

The second image presents the front page of the Soldbuch of the Konteradmiral Michahelles. One can note its appointment in the rank of Konteradmiral on October 1, 1944. (Coll. Genet)

Polux

Post Tenebras Lux

Comment

Michahelles

Cher Pollux
                      Merci pour ces deux photos quim'aident dans mes recherches.

Dear Poluux
                      Thank you for these photos which helpme for my search.
                      Does someone else has photo of Michahelles in front of a car?
                      Regards
                      eric

Comment

et moi, j'ai pas le droit à mon merci ???!!!

One of the photo I previously mentioned was taken in the same time that the one shown by Polux, just afer his surrender. It's however in bad quality and shows less details.
                        Regards
                        Denis

Comment

Merci Denis

Thanks for all these informations, they are very helpfull.
                          If you have more photos or any informations which can help me , they will be welcome.
                          Thanks
                          Best regards
                          eric

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X