Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is unusual here?

Can anyone guess?

No chincord and what appears to be a traditional badge on the LW officers cap. KM officer with U boot frontspange in silver.

Angel
    Looking for DKiG Heer winner Soldbuch who also won the TDB and/or CCC, specially in Silver.

Comment

Aren't they Hauptmann Paul Loser, former FJ, and Gerhard Thater? respectively Ia and commander of 1 Kompanie from Marine-Panzervernichtungs Bataillon .

Angel
      Looking for DKiG Heer winner Soldbuch who also won the TDB and/or CCC, specially in Silver.

Comment

Hello Gordon,

Is it the missing chinstrap on the Luft officer's visor? Also, isn't there a unit badge on the left side of the band?

And frankly, the proportions of the Army officer's M43 cap are also strange; at least from the photo.

Best regards,
        Al

Comment

...wow, Angel, you are one fast dude. By the time I was typing my reply you wrote two and beat me posting making me look like a plagiarizer

What about the height of the M43? By the time you add the eagle and the cockade it'll be a foot tall...

Comment

Well spotted. They are Kriegsmarine "Tank Killers". The Luft officer is indeed Paul Löser, and on the side of his cap are the "three little fishes" traditions badge of Ali Cremer's boat.

The other officer in field grey is Gerd Thäter, commander of 2 Kompanie.

Comment

I have a little advantage, I see one photo from the same serie in a book and I always wonder what was the badge in the LW cap, no idea of conecting it with Cremer own boat emblem as I think it will be LW related so when I see the image my memory start to work and I can remember where I see the pic and who were the soldiers, but I think our KM officer was commanding 1st company, not the 2nd.

I'm the winner where is my prize? (here we have a small phrase for this, "prize for the gentleman, bottle of wint empty and without bottle" so only the cap to close the bottle, in Spanish is a small poem, sound better is, for the spanish talkers, "premio para elñ caballero, botella de lejia, sin casco y vacia")

Angel

Comment

Speaking of Cremer:

Kommandeur Marine-Panzervernichtungs-Bataillon

Nennung : Ergänzend zum Whrmachtbericht wird gemeldet :
                Ein von KK Krämer (gemeint ist Cremer) geführter Panzervernichtungstrupp der Kriegsmarine, zusammengestellt aus Freiwillingen eines Unterseeboot-Stützpunktes, vernichtete innerhalb weniger Tage 24 Panzer. (Einstaz südlich Hamburg, Kampfgruppen unter Kplt Peschel (Einsatz Hoopte) und Kplt Thäter)

Kommandeur Wach-Bataillon Dönitz
                Collection : http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=807895

Comment

Angel,

The commander of 1 Kompanie is the guy on the left, with the Feldmütze, in this photo.

Comment

I read Cremer's book many years ago... A good read... It is very nice to see those "three little fishes" were not only able to survive on the land but also proved themselves as good as while under water!

Thank you very, very much for sharing, I watched the photos over and over again...

Comment

These photos are part of a series in the U-Boot Archiv in Cuxhaven which the founder, Horst Bredow, is kindly allowing me to use for a forthcoming book project.

Amongst the many fascinating photos I found over there ( I'll post some later) are some of U-Boat men in a tank ( well a Stug actually) and some Panzer crewmen in a U-Boat !!!!!!

Comment

Hi Gordon, would you mind telling us the tile and subject of the book or is that classified?

Best regards/ Daniel

Comment

Here we go.

First of all, U=Boat crewman in a Stug

And Stug crewman on U-Boat

(Photos Copyright U-Boot Archiv)

Daniel, there are two actually, first has no title yet, but its basically on U-Boat collectibles, covering uniforms, insignia, medals, awards, documents, equipment such as timepieces, binoculars etc etc. Done with the active co-operation of the U-Boot Archiv who have provided several hundred fabulous wartime photos to the project. Second is on the German Cross winners of the U-Bootwaffe.

Comment

I see, thanks!

Best regards/ Daniel

Comment

Hi folks!

I don't want to seem stupid, but what was the Marine-Panzervernichtungs Bataillon ?? Sounds like the Amerikabomber to me...

Does anyone have a link for me? Thanks.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X