My RK Autographed Photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My RK Autographed Photos

I wrote Rk winners and asked for a signed photo. I asked them 3 questions..

1. Who awarded your RK?
    2. What did you do to earn it?
    3. What was your most memorable moment?

Before anyone asks...I no longer have their addresses.....

http://s166.photobucket.com/albums/u...n/RK%20Photos/

Bob, very interesting project and interesting site to look through. Is everything posted in that album exclusively made up of the documents and photos that these guys returned to you? Do you have any statistics about how many guys you wrote to, how many replied and how many answered your questions?

Cheers, Torsten.

Comment

I wrote about 130 and around 111 replied. I made 3, 3" binders divied by person. I have everything they sent. The envelopes, letters and photos. I posted what each sent. So if you look at a vets folder you will see eveything they sent. I did not post the envelopes for privacy. I do have the stats of who answered my questions.

Comment

Anyone have Johannes Port or Othmar Hermes?..sorry Bob, just noticed Hermes on your list. Interestingly, this guy lost his right arm in the action for which he was awarded the RK (to the date he was the youngest recipient), and had to write left handed ever since, hence the scrawl!

Comment

Here is the RK he received, and sent home to his parents....
          Last edited by Harry; 07-10-2007, 06:48 AM.

Comment

Nice RK! How did you get it?

Comment

Whoops I misread your first post. Sorry for the PM.

Great pictures you have. I don't have any RK winners, but I have mailed at least 6 veterans recently and I have kept envelope and everything.

Comment

Originally posted by anythingww2 View Post
                I wrote about 130 and around 111 replied. I made 3, 3" binders divied by person. I have everything they sent. The envelopes, letters and photos. I posted what each sent. So if you look at a vets folder you will see eveything they sent. I did not post the envelopes for privacy. I do have the stats of who answered my questions.
                makes the site even more interesting .... well done how long did it take you to get all this together? Cheers, Torsten.

Comment

Thats ok K98 man. I wrote them all at once. At first it was fun cataloging them when one or 2 replies came in. But when I started getting 15 a day it became a long chore. You would be surprised how long it takes to take pics of everything, front and back, and print out title pages and divider tabs.

Meant to say that I do not have the stats as to who answered me.
                  Last edited by anythingww2; 06-17-2007, 06:05 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X