Lt. Andreas von Rakowitz (RK & DKiG)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lt. Andreas von Rakowitz (RK & DKiG)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Seeking any and all information on subject Knight's Cross holder, as I wish to help a friend in possession of his sword. Here is what I presently have (would have more- date of birth at least- if www.das-ritterkreuz.com hadn't disappeared without warning):

v. Rakowitz, Andreas
    Lt., St.Gesch.Fhr. im Feldersatz-Btl. 4(L)
    Verleihungsdatum: 24 June 1944

Of particular value would be any photos in which he appears, and of even greater value- information on how he might be contacted (in the event he's still living). Also appreciated- any information on Feldersatz-Bataillon 4(L). This was, presumably, the field replacement battalion of 4. Feld-Division (L)(originally Luftwaffen-Feld-Division 4 until it was transferred to the Heer and renamed on 1. November 1943). Apparently the F.E.B. of this unit had at least one Sturmgeschuetz, as indicated by the information I have on von Rakowitz.

Would be enormously grateful for any and all assistance.

Best wishes,
    ~ Mike Miller / ABR

... 20 minutes later--

Decided to check Horst Scheibert's books on holders of the Deutschen Kreuz in Gold. The first volume (Heer recipients) had no von Rakowitz. But in the second volume (Luftwaffe section) is listed the following:

RACKOWITSCH von Andreas Leutnant [Verleihungsdatum:] 27.09.1943
    Batterie-Fuhrer in einer Luftwaffen-Felddivision

Surely the same man, just an alternate spelling of the name. So appears he was a Luftwaffe Lt., at least as of 27.09.1943. Wondering if he was transferred into Heer when his LW Feld-Division became part of the Heer.

Hello
    I found the birthdate because I have almost all birthdates from Knights Cross Holders .Thats important for my searching .
    Rakowitz was born 11.January 1920 in Rom/Italy .
    I hope this will help a little bit .
    Best
    Uli

Comment

PS: And until today I have no report of decease .But I also have no address ...sorry
      Uli

Comment

Danke, Uli!

Wonderful to have that information- my collector friend will be overjoyed.

Any chance you'd be willing/able to spare that information on birth/death dates? It would be a genuine asset to my website (and any contributions of information which you make will be clearly acknowledged on the homepage).

Thanks very much!

Best wishes,
        ~ Mike Miller
        Axis Biographical Research
        www.geocities.com/~orion47

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X