German Stamp Collection in Album Opinions Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

German Stamp Collection in Album Opinions Please

I just recently got a number of items from my ex-father-in-law including this stamp album. There are 298 pages in this album more than half filled with stamps. There are also roughly 50 loose pages of stamps that came with the album. The dates of the stamps range from the 1870`s to 1944 with a large amount of stamps from 1933-1944. can anyone tell me anything about this album and stamps plus possible value? Are these albums common or have I hit onto something? I`ll list just a few of the TR stamps but theres many pre 1933 stamps
    Attached Files

Stamps

Pics
    Attached Files

Comment

Album

pics
      Attached Files

Comment

album

pics
        Attached Files

Comment

pic

pic
          Attached Files

Comment

pics

pics
            Attached Files

Comment

pic

pic
              Attached Files

Comment

pics

pics
                Attached Files

Comment

pics

pics
                  Attached Files

Comment

pics

pics
                    Attached Files

Comment

pics

Last pic

Comment

Album

Gentlemen,
                        Does anyone even know of a book where I might find the value of some of these stamps. My local stamp and coin store was not to helpfull.

Comment

Hello,

Look like a nice 'instant' German stamp collection you've got there .

I'd look for a Michel catalogue. These are well known German catalogues for stamps. You schould find them easely via the internet. Just make a google search.
                          Be carefull to have the correct issue though because the whole German stamp catalogue is 3 or 4 books i believe.

Hope this helps.

Kris

Comment

Hello- I sold one on Ebay awhile back with the album about 25 % filled with stamps. I think I recieved about 125 dollars for it. I sold it in the stamp area of Ebay. Good luck

Comment

I use the Michel Deutschland Spezial 1984/85 editon, only German stamps in there, from the early German states up to 84/85 when this catalogue was published.
                              Mine is in German but am sure English versions will be available.

The value depends on alot of factors, are they hinged , any creases , cancelled etc.

Now some stamps are rarer and more valueable when cancelled.

Judging from the album the stamps look hinged or even glued which is a drop in value.

Post number 8 ( SS MG team) is a stamp of the day of the army and hero remembrance day of 1943 and should consist of 12 stamps depicting soldier activities and weaponry.

The order of the stamps in the album doesnt follow dates of issue which is strange (pic number 9)

Should fetch a nice price but not as much as it would get as it was mint unhinged.

Question, does it contain the next stamps :

1935 : OSTROPA Konigsberg 4 castles stamps (SchloB Allenstein - Tannenberg - SchloB Konigberger - SchloBs Heilsberg)
                              If so please tell me if the back of them have gum and if you see any watermarks.

Also 1945 the SA and SS trooper (value on stamps 12+38)

Cheers

Mark
                              Last edited by MarkChrisFrank; 06-16-2007, 08:32 PM. Reason: correction

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X