Hitler Water Color Paintings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hitler Water Color Paintings?

I was wondering what your thoughts were on the many Hitler paintings that have surfaced onto the market lately.

I have recently been becoming more interested in these, but am not sure how legitimate these paintings are in general. Have any of you heard anything about them?

And finally do any of you know of a place or auction that is selling?

THANKS as always!
    Last edited by K98_1942; 06-08-2007, 02:17 AM.

Recently there was a painting by Hitler to be sold in Norway at a auction. Noone made bids, but the seller claimed that he sold it.
    The paining should be from Vienna, but shortly afterwards several people claimed it was not from Vienna, but Rothenburg ob der Tauber.
    It was also told that the paintings made by Hitler was easy to copy, and it had been done since 1933 with ease.
    Links below, in Norwegian.
    lolle
    http://www.bt.no/multimedia/archive/...er_323084a.jpg

http://www.bt.no/bergenpuls/utstilli...icle350601.ece
    http://www.bt.no/bergenpuls/kultur/article350004.ece

Comment

Interesting, have you heard if any of these have been verified as authentic for sure.... even one?

Comment

I get them offered to me at least once every other month and I do not even bother to look at them...there is just no point....Cheers, Torsten.

Originally posted by K98_1942 View Post
        I was wondering what your thoughts were on the many Hitler paintings that have surfaced onto the market lately.

I have recently been becoming more interested in these, but am not sure how legitimate these paintings are in general. Have any of you heard anything about them?

And finally do any of you know of a place or auction that is selling?

THANKS as always!

Comment

I thought the idea of them was just too good to be true. Too bad the market is so filled with muck.

Comment

could this be a real one??

http://www.nsdapuniforms.com/data/in...itler+Painting

Comment

Hitler was prolific at producing paintings, especially during the pre-NSDAP period when he had more time on his hands. I am no art expert, but I do know that Peter Jahn is the recognised expert on Hitler artwork. Hitler was very adept at painting buildings, but his lack of skill with painting people and his failure to establish correct dimensions were factors which contributed to his not being accepted by the Vienna Academy of Art.
              Max.

Comment

I would be incredibly wary of buying a 'Hitler' watercolour.
                Provenance is all with these items.

As an artist myself, although I never would, I am confident that should I wish to I could paint an 'original' Hitler painting without much difficulty. Sadly where large sums of money are concerned there will inevitably be cleverer yet less scrupulous artists out there willing to do just that.

Furthermore one cannot ever judge an original such as the one on the NSDAP uniforms site by examining a photograph of it, there are so many other factors to consider concerning technique, paper quality and type, colour palette used, even the signature changed subtley depending on the period.

If you ever thought that used car auctions are a place to be wary when purchasing, then I'd say apply even more robust caution to the art world...the stakes are higher!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X