Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Calender, Rare?

Hi everyone, my first post here. and will contribute where possible

New to the forum but not new to collecting so here goes. I bought this calender today and was wondering is it rare? the actual calender pages are full of hand writing and may require a translation at some point. But after a google search i could not find any reference to it. The book contains everything the German Sldier needs to survive in the desert. The pics are on my website and can be viewed with the link.
    http://www.freewebs.com/dswgreatwar/thecollection.htm

Thanks, Donnie

Hi Donnie, first of all, welcome to the forum!

These calendars are not rare, but they are quite popular with collectors. They are covered in Dal McGuirk's book "Rommel's Army in Africa"

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Hi mate thanks for the reply.

does anyone speak good german on here as here is a page from the diary. (look at my website again). The calender only cost me a tenner, and i bought it only for the fact that it is full of writting and am wanting to translate it. I did buy "Mit Hitler Im Polen" and that was my main purchase. It has a nice Hitler Youth satmp in the front.

Donnie

Comment

Ten quid was a very good price!

Maybe this page will help you read it?

http://www.suetterlinschrift.de/Englisch/Sutterlin.htm

Once you have it in basic German a translation is much easier.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Originally posted by Donnie508298 View Post
          Hi mate thanks for the reply.

does anyone speak good german on here as here is a page from the diary. (look at my website again). The calender only cost me a tenner, and i bought it only for the fact that it is full of writting and am wanting to translate it. I did buy "Mit Hitler Im Polen" and that was my main purchase. It has a nice Hitler Youth satmp in the front.

Donnie
          Very good deal on the calendar. Good luck in traslating it and figuring out who it belonged or is there any identifying info in the front of it? Cheers, Torsten.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X