What is this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is this?

Can anyone tell me something about this? What is it and what is it worth?

Thanks in advance!

Jörg
    Attached Files

... 50 cards in it
    Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Hello Joerg, it appears to be an English collector album similar to the cigarette albums that exist from Germany. This one shows artwork depicting medals from the Third Reich period with descriptions on the back. I would have no idea as to value. As a reference it would not be very useful as the pictures appear to be artwork and not photographs. The information on the back of each card may be useful to collectors. Do you have a date of publication? I would assume it is postwar.
        Richard V

Comment

Hello Richard,
          thanks for your informations. I searched in the Net for this item and I found only one website that tells a little bit about this book.
          As you supposed, this is like a cigarette album. I got no informations about the date of pubication, but I agree with you, that it could be postwar. I have the same album with uniforms of the SA and the SS.

Jörg

Comment

Hi Joerg,

Tony Oliver's card sets were produced in the 1970s. I have no idea as to the value, I dont think they are that expensive, although it is not easy to find them in an album like that in a pristine condition.

I am pretty sure the pictures are from Doehle's "Medals & Decorations of the Third Reich" published in 1943 in Germany.

Comment

here is a page from Doehle's book on Ebay for comparison:
              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X